Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
JGirl
Unregistered

GMHC counselers
      #23709 - 10/23/01 12:30 PM

I just want to tell you guys I have spent the last 2 days talking to GMHC counselers and cdc counselers. Let me tell you that the GMHC counselers were so much more compassionate and knowledgable. I had a lady talk to me for 10 min. She told me that HIV is not a punishment and what I am going through is about guilt. That every time I call or get on the internet searching for information I am feeding my obsession. I tested at the tail end of 9 weeks and she said you are not infected. No probobly, no maybe, but definitely. So, if you really need to talk to someone call them. They will listen, they are knowledgable. The guy at cdc was like, "I have no idea". He did'nt help me at all and wasn't even nice about it. We are all going through a really difficult time here. I think we need to be careful not to let it take over our lives. I will be tested at 3 months of course, which is a little over a week away, but I feel so much better. Thanks for listening, don't know what I'd do without you guys! JGirl

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Striker
Unregistered

Re: GMHC counselers new
      #23713 - 10/23/01 03:23 PM

Hi JGirl! Thanks for the good info. I knew the CDC was not that helpful. Sadly, I'm come to expect little if any useful stuff from their hotline. They pretty much read the literature given to them and even then I don't think they can read too well. I hope you are doing better. You sound like it. To everyone else who lurks here, please feel free to post if you feel you need to. There are good people here that read this board and will help you if need it. Please forget the silly posts about worshiping people and who knows what else. It's merely useless crap posted by unintelligent morons. Us smart people have learned to complete IGNORE these persons and we will continue to ignore them. If you need help, ask. I know that I have made it through some very rough times with the help of others that are here and their good advice.

jgIRL
Unregistered

Re: To Striker new
      #23715 - 10/23/01 06:01 PM

Thanks Striker I am doing better. I have a question for you, one that I feel maybe you can help me with. I read the post Guy wrote about a man coming into contact with semen 24 hrs. after a woman had sex with someone else. I found that very interesting because the same thing happened to me. I told my husband and he literally INSISTED we have sex the next day. Territorial thing I guess. Do you think that that is a possible route of transmission, I wasn't worried about it until I read that post. Now I'm a little upset. Ever since then we have had protected sex and I get my test in a little over aweek. What's your opinion Striker? One more thing for me to worry about. My own fault I know. You seem very knowledgable about things. Can you help me out? Thanks JGirl

The Mod Squad
Unregistered

Re: Striker new
      #23717 - 10/23/01 06:59 PM

I think it is terrible the way you cast stones at the way people are dealing with the stress they have built up. So what someone worships someone named Altazar or likes proper spelling etc it is better then the crap that had been posted on here at other times and it is all in good intentions. Posts are being answered politely and people care so give them a break. You claim to be so smart if so then why are you here smart guy? Made the same mistake we all did and yet no stones were cast at you even with your horrendous use of the language. Go back over your post and read it then you will see who sounds like the moron.
Funny thing is you seem to always be "hitting" on every girl that posts here and I really think there are other sites for that this isn't a pick up board.

The Mod Squad

Striker
Unregistered

Re: To Striker new
      #23741 - 10/24/01 12:28 AM

Hi JGirl! I saw that post too and it was interesting. I do not think that you have anything to worry about here. The HIV virus is fragile, so I would really doubt that it would survive a day inside of you. Also, I'm not expert but it's not like there would be a really large pool of semen still inside you for your husband to come into contact with with. It would have dispersed pretty much, so if by chance there was a little that hadn't dispersed and it was HIV infected semen and the HIV might have survived, maybe. But remember even coming into contact with HIV infected fluids is no guarentee that you would become infected. In short, I know why you could be worried because of that tiny chance that my hypothetical situation might be true, but I don't think so. Your hubby is ok, and you will be too. Good luck with the test and keep us posted!

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
2 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1306

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3