Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
terriblyscared

Reged: 02/23/08
scared and alone. Waiting for results
      #236878 - 02/23/08 02:42 AM

Hi

I'm a female and I had unprotected oral sex with a male. He ejaculated in my mouth. No swallowing. Vaginal sex protected. within 3 days i had chills, coughing, sneezing. I lost my voice even though my throat wasnt sore when swallowing food or drink. I felt nauseous, had a fever, and was very tired. I would sleep for days on end. by day 4 i was coughing so much i would vomit. within another 3 or 4 days i started to have diarrhea ( lasted about a week then stopped, but had a few odd bouts a few weeks later). I was ill for 3 weeks with mostly coughing and sneezing loss of voice. I did go to the doctor but didnt tell him about my sexual encounter and he perscribed something for my symptoms. about 4 days after i stopped the meds i had a rash on my thighs so i went to see another doctor and told her everything. she didnt seem very concerned and didnt run tests. I read a lot on the net and waited my 3 months like most places mentioned when i call. Now,(at 3 month mark) i have numb hands and feet, or slight tingling in hands. Bumps at the back of my throat, rotator cuffs hurt, neck hurts, collar bone hurts, right knee, behind the knees also hurt, i am forgetful, but no fever. vaginal discharge which she did a pap test and thinks it could be bacterial vaginosis. She seemed not too concerned once again but asked me if i wanted the std tests done and went ahead with it today. I swear I must be positive. Now i have a week to wait. I am scared for my results wishing I could talk to someone or email back and forth with someone for support. I do hope someone will respond. I don't know what I will do when i get my confirmation. I am hoping for a miracle. please pray for me.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Jackie__Blue
Legend

Reged: 01/20/07
Re: scared and alone. Waiting for results new
      #236879 - 02/23/08 06:23 AM

I imagine the reason your doctor seem unconcerned is because it's just about impossible to get HIV from giving a blow job.
The CDC estimates the risk of infection with a man that is HIV+ at 1 in 10,000 per occurance.

Nothing about your symptoms points to anything more than a bad respiatory infection and a boatload of stress. Besides, symptoms or lack of symptoms mean nothing in terms of infection.

If people really got and stayed as ill as many people seem to think newly infected people are...well we wouldn't have 1 in 3 people walking around not knowing they have HIV.

You certainly didn't need to test for this instance alone, but if you are sexually active and haven't tested in the last year, then a test now is an important part of your routine health care. You'll feel better when you get your negative.

terriblyscared

#236881 - 02/23/08 09:43 AM

Thank you for responding. It sure feels good to see a note here. I test for HIV every year actually. I had my physical Nov 2, 2007 and i was negative. I had my encounter Nov 22, 2007 and got sick starting a few days after that date.

I have read that oral is low but it never states if that includes full ejaculation in your mouth. Stats are like the lottery. Unfortunately, in this case there are those who still win.

I so want you to be esmeralda. The pain I am in just typing this is unreal.

Thanks for taking your time out to give me your opinion. You are truly kind.

terriblyscared

#236882 - 02/23/08 09:45 AM

I meant "I so want you to be right esmeralda"

Survivor
Legend

Reged: 10/30/05
Loc: Get off the fence and live again!
      #236886 - 02/23/08 04:45 PM

Essy is very right in what she says...

terriblyscared

#236890 - 02/23/08 07:57 PM

Thanks Survivor! Much appreciated

vasco
Regular

Reged: 02/22/08
      #236893 - 02/23/08 09:21 PM

I have been in the same situation because my wife is positive we just find out when she got pregnant...i have been on the net every single moment,,, i felt everything i read from the net.my first test was on september 2007 has come neg 2nd was on december 28 has come neg and the latest one was yesterday 22/02/08 is negative as well thanks to God for guiding me so well...My daughter 12 days today is neg and she will be tested again in few month time...Well i got nothing else to do with sex i will only care about my with...there alot to go but if i need sex or she need sex just I WILL ALWAYS BE DONE WITH FRENCH GLOVES!!!!!!.OVER hear if i do break the condom i got i hiv number to call so i can be treated for HIV for a month or ... but thanks God this has never happen...Just dont be scared wait for the resolt...TKE CARE!

terriblyscared

#236897 - 02/24/08 12:55 AM

I'm glad to hear you and the baby are testing negative. Give thanks!!

vasco
Regular

Reged: 02/22/08
      #236961 - 02/26/08 06:44 PM

Thanks for your reply from the bottom of my heart i wish you GOOD LUCK!
I pray everyday so we can have stuff that can end this sckness that makes this world sad!

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4309

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3