Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
neednhelpnok

Reged: 02/05/08
learned I coulda been wit someone who is hiv
      #236250 - 02/05/08 01:47 AM

I am freaking out. 2 weeks ago it was my brothers birthday and we partied and I became drunk 2 tha point of blackn out. I was with a guy friend whom ive known 4ever and trusted. I havent seen him n a few months and he ended up goin back to my house. Well I went to bed and woke up to him doing oral sex 2 me. I freaked and left to my brothers house. Well today I get a call from someone and says he was just arrested and was with a girl who has AIDS. I was devastated and havent told anybody what happend between us. I cried so hard I threw up and nose was bleeding. If I blacked out who else knows what happend between us. I am heartbroken. I am single mom and work hard to take care of my son. I am very very scared! I made an appointment with doctor 2morrow but am so embarrassed to tell her the truth cause I am an adult and cant believe I put myself in this situation! Any advice comfort will help me out. I was having a great day up until I got that call and now my world has stopped!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
franfrog
Legend

Reged: 01/05/06
Loc: NJ
Re: learned I coulda been wit someone who is hiv new
      #236258 - 02/05/08 07:37 AM

Well if he was arrested with a girl that had AIDS, what does that have to do with him? Is it his girlfriend? Do you know that they have been sleeping together. Could they have just been friends?
3 months will be conclusive.

Jackie__Blue
Legend

Reged: 01/20/07
Re: learned I coulda been wit someone who is hiv new
      #236260 - 02/05/08 08:19 AM

It's important in this day and age that people understand what is exactly risky behavior in terms of HIV.

http://www.avert.org/faq1.htm#q1

You can become infected by:

These are the main ways in which someone can become infected with HIV:

* Unprotected penetrative sex with someone who is infected.
* Injection or transfusion of contaminated blood or blood products, donations of semen (artificial insemination), skin grafts or organ transplants taken from someone who is infected.
* From a mother who is infected to her baby; this can occur during pregnancy, at birth and through breastfeeding.
* Sharing unsterilised injection equipment that has previously been used by someone who is infected.

Although it is possible to become infected with HIV through oral sex, the risk of becoming infected in this way is much lower than the risk of infection via unprotected sexual intercourse with a man or woman.

When giving oral sex to a man (sucking or licking a man's penis) a person could become infected with HIV if infected semen came into contact with damaged and receding gums, or any cuts or sores they might have in their mouth.

Giving oral sex to a woman (licking a woman's vulva or vagina) is also considered relatively low risk. Transmission could take place if infected sexual fluids from a woman got into the mouth of her partner. The likelihood of infection might be increased if there is menstrual blood involved or if the woman is infected with another sexually transmitted disease.

The likelihood of either a man or a woman becoming infected with HIV as a result of receiving oral sex is extremely low, as saliva does not contain infectious quantities of HIV.

More information can be found in our oral sex page.

While oral sex is listed as a risk, it is accepted that it is an extremely low risk. Actually in the grand scheme of things, giving oral is a higher risk than receiving.

You were at much greater risk for a whole group of more easily transmitted STDs.

And like Fran, I gotta wonder....What's up with the fact the woman he was with had 'AIDS', which is proabably hearsay anyway. Is he guilty by association?

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2275

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3