Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
frustrated

Reged: 02/02/08
He's acting Weird after unprotected sex
      #236199 - 02/03/08 04:48 AM

I met this most handsome guy, with extra ordinary manners. I was convinced that this is the guy i was looking for. We ended up intimate, We did not use protection. afterwards I felt like shit, and I started asking him about his HIV status, he told me that he does it every 6 months he will show them to me.
But I notiiced that he was too cool and relaxed about the fact that we hardly know each other and we had engaged into such a risky act.
Each time I spoke about my concerns and fears I noticed that he did not say much and was quite about it. a couple of times on the phone I spoke about it and he ended up saying he will send it to me, after that he started avoing me, never answerd my call, amy sms. I sent him emails asking him to reveal his HIV status but he never answers.

What does this mean? What happens if a person knowingly infect somebody? Can i sue him. And what is the next step I should take.
It has been a week, and what happens if i seroconvect? do I start treatment right away? I am frustrated, i have 2 minor kids that i feel I have betrayed. Somebody help please. I am depressed i sit in my bedroom and cry, Each time I look at my lil one i cant stop crying, how could I have betrayed them like that.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Jackie__Blue
Legend

Reged: 01/20/07
Re: He's acting Weird after unprotected sex new
      #236202 - 02/03/08 08:11 AM

Maybe he starting acting weird because he felt he was being stalked by a crazed person obessing about HIV, which is something you probably should have obessed about BEFOREHAND.

From the way you say you have hounded him, avoiding you seems like reasonable behavior on his part. So the fact he's trying to avoid you doesn't mean he has HIV.

Maybe he just told you he tested every 6 months just to calm you down at the moment. It doesn't really matter and there's really no reason to hound him for results. Someone could have a negative test result from 6 months before and have become infected 2 months after the result and not know it.

It's unlikely that you would have become infected, but it is possible if your partner is HIV+. Most people seroconvert by 6 weeks so get tested then. If it's negative, the conclusive test at 3 months should be also.

T_BOOGIE

Reged: 01/27/08
Re: He's acting Weird after unprotected sex new
      #236207 - 02/03/08 02:07 PM

It does not mean that he has hiv, but it you should take percautions to get tested. I was talking to this guy and we just messed around but he was a little strang about it. And then I started to get sick and shit and I never felt like that before. So far everything has come back negative but I still dont feel well. Anyways when I confronted him about it he said, i know i dont have anything and then he wouldnt go and get tested. He never tryed to pursue sex with me which is another reason why I am worried. I completely understand what you are saying. But in your case I dont think that you have anything to worry about, take it as a learning lesson ok. youll be fine.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3311

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3