Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Leonardo
Guru

Reged: 08/07/07
Loc: New Jersey
Advice for the "Worried Well"
      #235596 - 01/23/08 11:03 PM

Let me apologize in advance. I may just be in a bad mood. Otherwise, I'm sure I would just let this stuff wash over me. I'm just wondering if anyone else has noticed a pattern in recent messages. Here's my breakdown...

Type A - Reports of "dirty" sex worker encounters with graphic details to help us calculate for them the odds of their HIV infection.

Type B - Ramblings by turbo model Psychotics that refuse to accept their negative test results. If you think that my use of the term psychotic is a bit heavy-handed, consider the fact that this guy is putting a drain on the resources of the American Red Cross.

I would just like to offer some general advice to the "worried well". Instead of obsessing over possible infection, why not just act as if you are confirmed HIV positive. Either way, it shouldn't change your behavior.

Practice safe sex. Take care of yourself. Get tested regularly without obsessing over it. Assume the other person is HIV+, regardless of what they tell you.

Most of all. Stop wasting your life. And stop expecting the members to be able to magically determine your HIV status based on how much "vag fluid" got on your "dick hole". Grow up, man.

Like I said at the beginning. I'm sorry. It may just be me.

Leo

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Jackie__Blue
Legend

Reged: 01/20/07
Re: Advice for the "Worried Well" new
      #235610 - 01/24/08 08:16 AM

Good post Leo. We can hope some of the WWs around here would take heart in your advice.

shadesofgrey
Legend

Reged: 12/02/05
      #235639 - 01/24/08 08:48 PM

leonardo, i agree with alot of what you said but i am part of that phychotic few who fear the test is wrong,(3 antibody test and 1 pcr rna and normal cd4 count and percentage) you think i would skip for joy but I am not, i suffer from ocd, especially when it comes to my health, being gay of course the first thing that comes up is hiv. when i was sick with pancreatitis the first time 5 years ago, the dr in the hospital said he's gay we need to test for hiv, that started my long trip down this miserable road. i am not telling you this to get pity just the opposite, esmeralda once said she would sleep soundly tonite too bad i wouldnt , she is very right. i wake up in fear. here is what makes it worst, i volunteer at a local aso, i know the rules on testing and safer sex. this last year alot of unexplainable ailments including 3 bouts of acute atrophic candidiasis and shingles just fed into my fears. i see a therapist about my problem and i am on medication. it really is a terrible existance. so things are not so cut and dry. I have my closest friend who has had full blown aids since the late eighties, he is living a much better life than i am. yes the phycotic who is donating blood to see if he is positive is a little over the top . i realize you and the rest of the pos's on this forum have enough to deal with than listening to the rants and raves of people like myself who are not being rational. so for that i will apologize. hope it doesnt deter you from helping others who come to this forum.
shades

Leonardo
Guru

Reged: 08/07/07
Loc: New Jersey
      #235640 - 01/24/08 09:50 PM

Shadesofgrey,

My post was really not aimed at you. I have never been offended or disturbed by your posts, and I don't think your situation really falls into either of the categories I described.

While I understand that you are not looking for pity, I am sorry to learn of your struggle with OCD. I hope things get better for you soon.

Leo

shadesofgrey
Legend

Reged: 12/02/05
      #235641 - 01/24/08 09:58 PM

I really didnt take it personal, i too get tired of people saying they had a lap dance and now they think they are infected, or there was blood on some food in the buffet line(like who would eat it)or lapping up your fingers after they have been somewhere(yuck). but all these people sort of help me when i see how ridiculous the thought process is. ocd is a struggle especiallly since mine revolves around my health. thank god i dont wash my hands 100 times a day or pull what is left of my hair out. thanks for understanding.
shades

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2458

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3