Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
ann666

Reged: 01/04/08
Am I infected?
      #234905 - 01/04/08 08:43 PM

I have been having weird symptoms ever since I had sex with this guy. I have been bloating in my legs, under my arms and my breasts and neck. No fever, no night sweats.

The whole experience was awful... it was a guy I used to see over a year ago, he called me up to go out to dinner, said he would pick me up. He picked me up and said he needed to go back to his house and change from his work clothes. We ended up showering together, he fed me a line of bs about how he wanted me back etc. Said he broke up with the other girl, blah, blah blah.

I noticed that there were an awful lot of women's clothes in his place, he said she hadn't had time to pick her things up. We went to bed, I gave him oral unprotected an notices a sore near the border of his pubic hair way up top. He said it was just a scratch he got. I told him I was no longer in the mood to have sex, he kept talking me into sex, assuring me over and over it was nothing. I have a problem from when I was raped a few years ago where I dissassociate and I went numb then. We used a condom, but I also have a cut in my pubic area near my vagina.

Well, I didnt stay disassocatied long and my body started to shake and I started sobbing uncontrollably. He just looked at me and said, man you weren't like this before but we can still be friends and he hugged me. Then he made an excuse that he had to go check on something from work that would take him 20 minutes.

On our way out he saw a neighbor and started telling lies to the neighbor in the hallway about why I was over -- very odd. Then in the car ride home he cracked a few jokes about AIDS and him being a sex addict, and then even got creepier talking about how he doesn't believe Drew Peterson killed his wife.

He left, never came back, never called back and when I called once an hour and a half later to see if we were going out to dinner, he picked up the phone and just hung up. I have avoided him like the plague since.

Now I am just scared.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Jackie__Blue
Legend

Reged: 01/20/07
Re: Am I infected? new
      #234920 - 01/05/08 08:38 AM

Well the pertinent you gave was that you gave unprotected oral sex and had protected sex.

There is a very small risk of transmission from giving oral sex, a greater risk if ejaculation takes place about 1 in 10,000. You have a much, much greater risk of contracting other STD's via unprotected oral. Protected sex is just that. Protected.

It's extremely unlikely that you got HIV from this guy, even if he actually has it.

While testing at 13 weeks is considered conclusive by the CDC (other medical agencies have much shorter windows) a test at 6 weeks will give you a very good idea of your status.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1571

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3