Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
KitG
Expert

Reged: 01/15/01
Good things about the Am I Infected board
      #23473 - 10/17/01 07:28 AM

What's going on? I can't stop thinking about the Jackie Blue is God debate!

It made me think about a few of the things I have valued most about this Board. It would be good to read other people's too.

1. Sanctuary
This board was a safe haven for me during the darkest time of my life

2. Companionship
The reason I kept coming here and keep coming here is because I found friendship and compassion and understanding from people I will never even meet

3. Acceptance
Just being able to write and knowing other people are there reading and listening, without judging and condemning

4. Give and take
Being able to share all my fears and anxieties, to take hope and inspiration from others, and to try to use my experiences to hopefully give help and support to even one other person

5. Take or leave
Just knowing the Board is here and people are here, whether I need it or not, has given me strength and encouragement

6. Humanity
I've no idea about what God is, but I do know that there is a strong sense of humanity here, in all its forms, and with all its emotions, which helps to make me feel so thrilled to be alive.

Right, your turn!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Good things about the Am I Infected board new
      #23475 - 10/17/01 09:38 AM

I think what you may see about Jackie is simply backlash. Personally, I saw a very strong and negative reaction from Jackie when I began asking posters about their risk. Jackie said I had no right to ask anyone about their risk - that it was none of my business. I ignored it at first, and continued to ask posters about their risk (which is appropriate since many people are scared of HIV after having very low if no risk). This really pissed off Jackie, who insisted that I wasn't a doctor, and that I was being intrusive and inappropriate. The funny thing is, she had her little "followers" who backed up her every word. I immediately felt a snse of "rank" and "pecking order" on an otherwise anonymous forum where people can/and should ask what they want (if they are being sincere). I pointed this out to Jackie, and she simply stated "Fine, that's it - I'm gone!" Anyhow, I don't know if all this "fuss" about her is necessary, but my experience is that she great, as long as she's in charge.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#23492 - 10/17/01 08:17 PM

and from my experience I seem to recall that while you asked everyones risk you never bothered to reply with a comment or evaluation of it afterwards.
I am not Jackie or a follower just someone you annoyed too.
you kinda remind me of Jocko.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#23497 - 10/17/01 08:28 PM

I don't care who I remind you of, but I have no idea what you are talking about

Anonymous
Unregistered

#23499 - 10/17/01 08:38 PM

funny, you kinda remind me of Jackie.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1249

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3