Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
vaccineman

Reged: 12/02/07
retrovirus HIV human made?
      #234435 - 12/13/07 01:31 PM

I dont know if this topic is appropriate here but i always wondered if HIV was man made. For what I know scientists started playing with viruses in 1905 then came WW2 with all those experiments of the NAZI labs ( very advanced for their time). The first case of HIV was reported in 1950 in Congo(Africa). Was HIV a NAZI experiment? If so the vaccine was probably lost due to them losing the war. Wondering also how can labs search for the vaccine for alsmost 30 years and nothing? Arent modern labs advanced anough with all computers etc to find a vaccine?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
ravi
Legend

Reged: 11/19/05
Loc: Adelaide, Australia
Re: retrovirus HIV human made? new
      #234444 - 12/13/07 11:00 PM

vaccineman,

There are many theories going around which perhaps question the possible premeating of the HIV virus in the human race.The Colonialism theory, The Contaminated Needle theory, the 'Hunter' Theory, the Oral Polio Vaccine (OPV) theory to name a few.

However, researchers, now, have confirmed that HIV originated in wild chimps and then spread to humans. Honestly this is a gray are which potentially deprives one of a genuine answer.

Now, moving onto to your next question. It is not that vaccines have not been discovered in the past, unfortunately the likelyhood of them failing is always high. There are two primary reason why HIV vaccine cannot be sucessful

a) HIV is highly mutable.

b) HIV can be categorized into multiple subtypes with a high degree of genetic divergence. Therefore, the immune responses raised by any vaccine need to satisfy this.

Once, this two issues are addressed, i think we will have a sucessful vaccine.

Hopefully soon.

Goodluck

--------------------
Take Care

God Bless you

Stay Well

Love Ravi

shadesofgrey
Legend

Reged: 12/02/05
      #234461 - 12/14/07 07:02 PM

Ravi is right on with his answer, although one always wonder about the powers to be in this world , man has certainly done some terrible things to the human race, hope this wasnt one of them and just a fluke virus jump from chimps, i think also it came out that several different chimps with different viruses jump species. Far beyond my intellect to ponder.

vaccineman

Reged: 12/02/07
      #234490 - 12/16/07 04:48 PM

"Most people believe that the origin of HIV, the AIDS virus, derives from some natural evolutionary event. Key among these HIV origin theories is the so called "cut hunter theory" in which a human, allegedly African native, received a bloody wound or infected splash while preparing a chimpanzee carrying a similar virus (i.e., SIVcpz). Most recent research, along with the scientific consensus, holds that the origin of HIV and AIDS could never have happened this way."

"The most highly respected scientists and academicians debated the possibility that HIV-1, the most widespread and deadly human AIDS virus, evolved from accidental vaccine contaminations and subsequent transmissions to mostly to African villagers"

Can mother nature make such sophisticated virus that attacks the immune system? Can HIV be created in the wild or in a lab????

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3281

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3