Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
jackiec

Reged: 12/11/07
I feel sick to my stomach and haven't eaten in day
      #234373 - 12/11/07 09:26 PM

i feel so sick to my stomach. i needed to write you all to get your advice. i know i sound pathetic. i had unprotected sex and then 3 days later my lymph nodes swelled up in my neck and it seemed like my throat hurt but it didn;t really seem like a sore throat. isn;t that weird? i thought i heard a strange virus going on that my your lypmh nodes swell but nothing else bothered me besides being kind of tired. i don't even remember if i had a fever. if i did it would have been pretty minor. it had been a long previous week and i didn;t have much sleep. i've also had some pain in a couple of joints that i don;t usually have. this has really started to eat away at me. i can't sleep and it all i think about. is it possible that you could a symptom like this so suddenly?
i though i read that it was usually 2 weeks or so before any symptoms occured. its only been 2 1/2 weeks os i have a long way to go before i can test.
any thoughts / advice would really be appreciated. i am going out of my mind literally. Please help!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
jackiec

Reged: 12/11/07
Re: I feel sick to my stomach and haven't eaten in day new
      #234374 - 12/11/07 09:31 PM

Actually one thing to add which I didn;t really think about it that the morning after I had some stomach pains and diahrea too. that was not stress related. i keep thinking maybe it could have been some takeout food? i don;t know. i am so lost and feel so alone.

ravi
Legend

Reged: 11/19/05
Loc: Adelaide, Australia
Re: I feel sick to my stomach and haven't eaten in day new
      #234385 - 12/11/07 11:04 PM

jackiec,

Unprotected sex does place you at risk. However, the range of risk may vary and it depends on many factors like, were you the receptive partner? or the insertive partner? was it MSM? or unprotected vaginal sex?

Since i do not see any information pertianing to the nature of unprotected sex, it would be difficult for me to comment. All i can say is, a test at 6 weeks should give you a good indication. Moreover, you are correct, ARS symptoms do not begin so soon, and if they do certianly not at 3 days.

Go ahead and get tested for HIV and other STD's.

Goodluck and use condoms in future.

--------------------
Take Care

God Bless you

Stay Well

Love Ravi

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4705

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3