Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
1234noone

Reged: 12/09/07
afraid and waiting
      #234298 - 12/09/07 03:14 PM

Hi everyone...

I'm scared because I was in a high risk situation two years ago and I recently got tested. In my head I couldn't consciously accept the danger so I pushed it far back... Now I am confronting it. I got tested last week and I will find out the results this Thursday.

My biggest heartache if I am positive is knowing that I infected my boyfriend, the one person I love more than anyone. I don't know how I could live with myself knowing I gave hiv to him. Then again, how could the person who gave me hiv live with himself?

But I am getting ahead of myself. Right now I'm terrified and the waiting is torture. Having the space to listen to other peoples fears and share my own has been helpful. I know we can stay strong together!

peace and love

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Florida69
Legend

Reged: 02/19/07
Re: afraid and waiting new
      #234309 - 12/09/07 11:10 PM

Lets deal with your status first, before we worry about your boyfriend. You need no more stress than you already are in, and you may be surprised he may not have even caught the bug. It is not as easy as you would think, and I have friends whose partner found out and they were not. So keep your chin up and we will keep out fingers crossed for you.. D

ravi
Legend

Reged: 11/19/05
Loc: Adelaide, Australia
Re: afraid and waiting new
      #234312 - 12/10/07 12:52 AM

1234noone,

As of now thinking that you would have infected your boyfriend etall are hypothetical! I think your test results on thurday should clear the clouds!

I think you must feel proud that you have decided to go ahead and test, dont worry, i think you should be fine!

Goodluck

--------------------
Take Care

God Bless you

Stay Well

Love Ravi

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2321

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3