Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
MiamiLat
Guardian

Reged: 12/30/05
Loc: Miami, FL
OraQuick Test Interpretation Help
      #234023 - 11/29/07 12:30 AM

Hey guys! I am back after another lack in judgement and would like your opinion.
My question is the following: 87 days ago (12.5 wks) I had unprotected insertive anal sex with an unknown status male. I tested NEG at 6.5 wks via OraQuick Rapid Advance.
Today, I tested myself using an OraQuick Rapid Advance testing packet I took from work (I am a healthcare worker). The test result was non-reactive after 20 mins with only 1 line appearing at the control line. I checked again at 40 mins and the result was the same. I then removed the swab stick from the developer solution and placed both separately back in the packet and threw away. Hours later, I was curious and grabbed the packet from my wastebasket to take a look at the swab stick again. This time, there was still a line at the control line but there was also a very faint line at the "T" line. Should I consider this test to be NEG or POS?

--------------------
"Education, prevention, awareness, research, and support"

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
nightsunami
Guardian

Reged: 05/10/07
Re: OraQuick Test Interpretation Help new
      #234034 - 11/29/07 02:38 AM

NEGATIVE

Cobal
Master

Reged: 07/23/06
      #234041 - 11/29/07 10:11 AM

MiamiLat,
I would consider that negative if you are going by the instruction. Most likely the unit dried out and diplayed the hidden marker. No disrespect intended, but it seems like you are taking far to many chances, and you have been here far to long not to realize it. Be careful.

shadesofgrey
Legend

Reged: 12/02/05
      #234042 - 11/29/07 10:16 AM

that sounds like something i would do, i would of been climbing into the dumpster to retireve the test,(Lol) , the instructions do say dont read before 20 min or after 40 min as it could give a false reading. none of my business but as a healthcare worker why are you having unsafe sex

Edited by shadesofgrey (11/29/07 10:17 AM)

MiamiLat
Guardian

Reged: 12/30/05
Loc: Miami, FL
      #234051 - 11/29/07 01:42 PM

Thanks to those that replied and trust me, this was my very LAST stupid mistake. I have beat myself up over the whole incident like you could not imagine. I have been safe since, and realize it's condom or nothing!

--------------------
"Education, prevention, awareness, research, and support"

shadesofgrey
Legend

Reged: 12/02/05
      #234060 - 11/29/07 09:27 PM

i am glad to hear that, thanks for the personal reply, i have had both test oral and fingerstick , perfer the fingerstick, but i also went to the health dept this week and got a plain old eliza test, they also do rapid testing but i feel like i need to get this one test and that's it, i know what you mean about kicking yourself for stupid mistakes, have you had a pcr?

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
2 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3201

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3