Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Freaked_Ben

Reged: 11/20/07
So now, definitely scared
      #233917 - 11/23/07 11:18 PM

Have several ulcers on the back of my throat and was sweating profussely off and on during the day. Went to the Dr, and ulcers were negative for strep, but she said I definitely had some sort of virus. No fever (on Monday it went to about 101 for an hour or two, that was it). Doesn't ARS all happen at once? Would it be thought of to have a two hour flu, then later in the week start sweating and get ulcers?

I am getting really scared now! Too many coincidences all happening together. Not sure what to do. I will do a DNA PCR soon, but it hasn't been 14 days since exposure yet. Figure I need to give it enough time.

Anyone? Just looking for thoughts, opinions, or people to talk to who have gone through this.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
vokz
Grand Master

Reged: 09/06/07
Loc: London, UK
Re: So now, definitely scared new
      #233924 - 11/24/07 06:31 AM

Ben,

If you have told us the truth about your exposure, then what you are experiencing is emphatically not ARS.

Even if it isn't the whole truth, it still doesn't sound like ARS.

You can look through the other posts in this section and see any number of other people have gone through exactly the same as you .. and that none of them ever turn out to be HIV-positive.

Stress, fear and other infections do strange things to you. That is all that is happening to you.

Freaked_Ben

Reged: 11/20/07
      #233925 - 11/24/07 07:02 AM

My only exposure has been unprotected oral sex (receiving) and fingering, and protected sex.

I did not inspect the condoms specifically afterwords, but I am assuming they were all intact and no leaks or tears.

I do hope you are right, just seems like a lot of coincidences happening at the same time, and I have been trying not to stress since I know that can cause some of these.

vokz
Grand Master

Reged: 09/06/07
Loc: London, UK
      #233926 - 11/24/07 07:55 AM

Yes indeed .. and that is what everyone who comes here (or any other ‘am I infected’ forum ) with the exactly same symptoms says ;)

If the condom had broken, you would know about it.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2570

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3