Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
chrisbadmushroom
Guardian

Reged: 05/24/07
you must be kidding me
      #233307 - 11/02/07 04:23 PM

http://www.webspawner.com/users/hivtest/
this site claims they have documented cases of people taking up to 3 years to test positive by antibody test and is updated till 2006 feb

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Sprite1
All Star

Reged: 08/23/07
Re: you must be kidding me new
      #233313 - 11/02/07 06:18 PM

Chris, don't panic - read this bit - which is, as we say in the UK, 'utter bollocks'. The statistics are not remotely consistent with either common sense, CDC (which has greater authority than a site trying get you to "call us for any medical test!" It's written by amateurs cutting and pasting bits and pieces from other sites and then adding a suitcase full of bad information.

EXPOSURE RATES for SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED DISEASES

Chance that a woman will pickup an HIV infection from a HIV positive male through one vaginal intercourse event: One in two chance.

Chance that a man will pickup a HIV infection from a HIV positive female through one vaginal intercourse event: 12% chance.

Chance that one homosexual bout of anal receptive intercourse will lead to a HIV infection: One in 50 to one in 100 chance.

Chance that a single needle stick from a HIV positive patient will lead to a HIV infection in a healthcare professional: One in 200 chance.

Chance that a male with active gonorrhea will give it to a female sex partner with one episode of vaginal intercourse: One in 2 chance.

Chance that a female with active gonorrhea will give it to a male sex partner with one episode of vaginal intercourse: One in 4 chance.

Chance that a male who is infected with Hepatitis B will transfer hepatitis to a female sex partner with one episode of vaginal intercourse: One in 63 chance.

Chance that a female who is infected with Hepatitis B will transfer hepatitis to a male sex partner with one episode of vaginal intercourse: One in 90 chance.

So... anal sex is less dangerous than vaginal sex? Hmm...

Cobal
Master

Reged: 07/23/06
Re: you must be kidding me new
      #233369 - 11/05/07 08:59 AM

Chris,
That is a sales page, dont let it upset you too much. You are letting yourself overrun with all of the information that is out there. I actually called them almost two years ago and found it to be more of a mom and pop store. The information that they site is commonly listed on the web, but I have yet to find any expert to back it up. Chris I know that you are worried about it alot. But you are going to have to find a way of putting this behind you. There is a mayo clinic in Jacksonville that indicates that their their scope to identify suspect unknown infections. Write down all of your symptoms and tests thus far and see if you primary care will give you a referal. Good Luck,

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1941

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3