Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
chrisbadmushroom
Regular

Reged: 05/24/07
disturbing trend any thoughts?
      #233244 - 11/01/07 01:48 PM

I have noticed a disturbing trend of people on this site and other sites. People who have symptoms of hiv /aids for prolonged amounts of time who continue a downward spiral of there health., but always test negative for hiv. I know of my own personal experience witch has been a living hell by the way that I believe this is a viral infection and that it was sexually acquired. it has been passed to 2 of my children, and my wife. I think I know the partner we got it from she to has tested negative but continues to have symptoms. could it be there is a new sexually transmitted disease that is going unchecked or is it more likely that we are those one in a million rare strains? any input or thoughts on this topic would be appreciated. also if anyone knows of any diseases that could cause this i would love to hear about it

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Difficult
New User

Reged: 10/29/07
Re: disturbing trend any thoughts? new
      #233249 - 11/01/07 05:20 PM

Chris,
glad you read my thread, I believe are some of our symptoms differ but I am in the same boat as you, just searching for a diagnosis and maybe better yet a cure. Let me know if you find anything. I am going to an ID doc on monday to be disappointed again.....I already know that it is going to be normal cd4/cd8 high eosonphils low rbc and negative on everything else....still symptoms. Stay in touch message me whenever you want

chrisbadmushroom
Regular

#233262 - 11/01/07 08:54 PM

high eosonphils is allergic reaction or parasites most of the time

debtex
Veteran

Reged: 03/21/05
      #233288 - 11/02/07 11:27 AM

Chris,

I've read some of your posts... and you say you have tested out for TWO years.... I know you are aware that this is enough time for an accurate result. And although there are many strains of HIV... every strain would convert our bodies to creating the "antibodies".. so at some point, you would have tested positive. otherwise, they would have KNOWN this by NOW. I wouldnt worry so much that you are the rare exception to the antibody rule. you say your kids & your wife have been getting some types of illness as well, and its good taht you are going to see an ID doctor, but I dont think your issue is hiv. perhaps there is something else going on... but not hiv.

When I worked in the hiv clinic there was a pt in their who had EVERY opportunistic infection for hiv. thrush, pcp, the whole 9 yrds. they ran his tcells, and they were UNDER 200... BUT this married firefighter tested negative. Even the ID docs were SURE he had hiv and just didnt know, for many years. but what had turned out, was that he had some type of menengietis.

if you believe something is going on... yes, continue going to the doctors to find out "what" is going on... and "how" this could be helped... especially for your families sake. but just because you think your immune system (and seemingly getting these OI's)... does not mean it is hiv..

but I am very interested in what you find out...

much love and prayers to you and your family.

debbie

chrisbadmushroom
Regular

#233291 - 11/02/07 11:58 AM

thank you and i will keep everyone posted I know there are people here who are sick of my posts and think i am just crazy and rambling on about nothing but with all this going on it is just scary and i really need some kink of closer I do know that with all the testing i have done that hiv is close to impossible but that does not stop the mind from it's "what if mode " like i have stated before if it was just me then ok deal with it but my kids are involved and that takes it to another level

debtex
Veteran

Reged: 03/21/05
      #233296 - 11/02/07 01:02 PM

yes, I know.. because i too have kids... so I know... no matter what happens in MY life is on ME... but I would do ANYTHING to protect them from coming in contact with something bad.

but you say you ahve been tested... two years is a bit much. I know you've had that "concerning" encounter..--but that was 2 yrs ago. If you are testing positive... then THIS incident did not at all harm your kids. you have to "let go" at some point.

I hear what you mean about "people" getting sick of hearing about it... but its not that ANYONE is sick of hearing about your concerns.... its that no matter how sometimes people ask... or how many times they are tested... it doesn't seem as though they are looking for "the" answer---it seems as though they are looking for someone to say... "yes, you know what... there is that RARE chance... that YOU and only you may test positive after 2 yrs of the encounter".... and everyone cares about kids health..... but they are NOT sick from your previous sexual encounters... -- thats all anyone could say about your possibility of hiv.... that you were tested... and there ISN'T one.

I say again.... follow thru with the docs... but stop looking so deep into hiv---unless you've put yourself at risk within the LAST couple months...NOT couple years.

good luck
debbie

chrisbadmushroom
Regular

#233297 - 11/02/07 01:12 PM

ok i know your are trying to ease my fears and i thank you the reason i worry about my kids is they where born after i got sick and the wife got sick i know they should be ok and i tested the 2 year old once at 6 months and once at 1 year antibody only and the wife tested neg for both pregnancies so there should be no chance but they have something just do not know what yet

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3396

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3