Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
chrisbadmushroom
Guardian

Reged: 05/24/07
22 months of negative tests but still positive
      #232938 - 10/24/07 05:05 PM

Ok guys now I am freaking out again I just got a call from the Immunology Dept of all children's Hospital and they think I might have PCP they want copies of all 9 elisa and both viral load tests I got along with a copy of the NAT I took. because of abnormal lab values. they also want me to be checked for esophical thrush since I have recurring oral thrush. Is it at all possible this illness is in fact hiv and 22 months of testing did not show up. I mean are there any strains that the test would not pick up. I only really fear for my 1 and 2 year old since they have been born since then and show signs of the illness what do you guys think any possibility

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
oldwoman
Guardian

Reged: 05/12/07
Loc: Phila,Pa
Re: 22 months of negative tests but still positive new
      #232940 - 10/24/07 05:30 PM

Chris,what other diseases have you been tested for?I'm too lazy to go back through previous posts to look myself.PCP and all other OI's are due to a compromised immune system.There are other reasons why a persons immune system would be compromised such as cancer,autoimmune diseases,radiation or chemotherapy or the drugs given to someone who had an organ transplant.I know that you would know if you had most of these conditions but I wanted to point out that it could be from something besides HIV.From your posts I can see that something is going on with you and hope that you can find the cause I just hope that you aren't so fixated on HIV that you aren't exploring other possibilities.

Terry

chrisbadmushroom
Guardian

#232941 - 10/24/07 05:42 PM

I have tested for many other problems autoimmune lyme been to to many Doc's I know after 22 months of testing that hiv should be obvious and i would be antibody positive but the Dr is really scaring me with this I did have a positive ANA weakly but that Dr did not think it was autoimmune and if i was not antibody by now then i should have at least had a viral load it's just that my CD4's are drooping like crazy and all the other symptoms and now PCP just what could it be and there is nothing that would effect my kids except for hiv I am freakin out man

vokz
Grand Master

Reged: 09/06/07
Loc: London, UK
      #232942 - 10/24/07 06:09 PM

If they genuinely believe that you have PCP (I assume they are checking for that too), then I am sure they will be wanting to explore ALL the possible causes of immune suppression (of which HIV is just one of many). I really do not think you can reasonably expect anyone here to speculate too deeply on any of those possibilities.

I still think, based on what you have told us, that HIV is one of the less likely explanations – it really would be a major medical mystery how HIV could crash your numbers like this without also being detectable - but I am sure that you also understand that, as part of that process of review, any responsible doctor will re-examine the diagnostic procedures that have already been performed.

shadesofgrey
Legend

Reged: 12/02/05
      #232944 - 10/24/07 07:58 PM

chris what makes them think you have pcp, are you having symptoms of pcp? i am coming to the realization about myself and recurring thrush that i might have an immune problem and hopefully my two neg test prove that its not hiv. have you been on antibiotics lately. is this all childrens hospital in st pete that is requesting this stuff. dr, johnson who heads up the v a infectious disease use to be there also, for hiv babies. dont know if he is still there but he is of what i heard a great dr.
good luck
mikael

chrisbadmushroom
Guardian

#232949 - 10/24/07 09:56 PM

Yes all children's st Pete and still have thrush that does not respond to anything

shadesofgrey
Legend

#232950 - 10/24/07 10:03 PM

i found the nystatin 5 times a day and keep it your moujth for 5 mins and than spit or swallow, you cant drink or eat for a half hour afterewards, it would be interesting if dr johnson still goes there, he is a sort of expert in hiv, runs the clinic at bay pines.

chrisbadmushroom
Guardian

#232955 - 10/24/07 10:51 PM

Do you know anything about pinnellas cares

shadesofgrey
Legend

#232968 - 10/25/07 10:24 AM

not really, is it and aids outreach or aso. heard the name but that is about it.

chrisbadmushroom
Guardian

#232969 - 10/25/07 10:37 AM

it is the hiv clinic they send you to if you are poor and the health department tests you pos its at 34th st and like 3nd ave north

Cobal
Master

Reged: 07/23/06
      #232973 - 10/25/07 01:13 PM

Chris, don't panic, other things can cause the same affect on the body. For example Mold can cause havoc with long term exposure which would give you the same symptoms as you described. I know that you are having a hard time with it, but considering all that have been written on this site as well as others, its very unlikely with all of the tests you've taken, that it would have been missed. PM me your number, I would like to talk to you about it.

chrisbadmushroom
Guardian

#232974 - 10/25/07 02:17 PM

Ok thanks for the responses I know this is very unlikely (or even impossible) I called the CDC and they gave me there usual runaround (won't ever give you a straight answer liability I guess ) and they said there longest reported and documented seroconversion was the nurse who got the needle stick with hep and hiv coinfection 11 months and it was when the tests where not as accurate. Ok so here is my question kind of off topic but, Do any of you think there could be a virus that mimics hiv as far as symptoms like the ( HIAP II virus ) they found in ICL cases.I wonder this because I have come across others with very similar symptoms on some of the other forums. And one of the main symptoms that has them scratching there heads is all of a sudden they are borderline diabetics even those with otherwise healthy habits. Also for those who ask about environmental exposure I think I can rule that out from all the moving I have done in the last two years All the way to New Mexico and back to Florida. just wondering if anyone had any thoughts thanks guys

ravi
Legend

Reged: 11/19/05
Loc: Adelaide, Australia
      #232982 - 10/25/07 11:27 PM

Chris,

As being said earlier, HIV is not your problem and even Dr.bob has nailed it for you, when you asked him the same question.

His answer:

Hello,

I have not changed my opinion based on the information you provided. Please realize I cannot diagnose the exact cause of your problem over the Internet. However, with 9 negative ELISA tests out to 22 months, 2 undetectable viral load tests at 6 months and 1 year and an undetectable NAT, the chances you have HIV are essentially nonexistent. You still have not mentioned what your potential HIV exposure may have been. You also haven't mentioned if you've been screened or have any risk for HIV-2 or subtype O. However, considering the number of physicians involved and the extensive workup you've received to date, most likely these issues have been addressed if relevant and consequently, HIV is not your problem. As mentioned previously, if you have a positive antinuclear antibody (ANA) and persistently elevated white blood cell count, plus recurrent sinusitis or other problems suggestive of immune deficiency, you should be evaluated by a clinical immunologist or rheumatologist. Many things other than HIV can cause problems with the immune system.

Chris, no one here is denying you have an immune based problem, yes from the numbers and other information being given by you, you certianly do. However, it is not HIV what is causing it:)

I wish and hope you and the doctors whom you consult arrive at a conclusion and fix your problem...

Goodluck

--------------------
Take Care

God Bless you

Stay Well

Love Ravi

shadesofgrey
Legend

#233012 - 10/26/07 05:51 PM

health dept is 9th st and 3 rd ave north, in stpete,

verrucktpj
Regular

Reged: 10/19/07
Loc: South West Ohio
      #233024 - 10/26/07 10:04 PM

Have you had CD4 count yet? If so, what was it?

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 11123

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3