Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
worrywart22

Reged: 10/16/07
PLEASE HELP
      #232520 - 10/16/07 09:19 PM

I may sound crazy when i was 17 i had a scare and got test negative i am still always worried i do have anxiety disorder which i do deal with. But i have a boyfriend for a year now and just recently he got sick with a severe sore throat he went to the doctors they said he had a viral infection and set him home.. He went back after 5 days and they said he had pus in his throat and they did a swap test for strep and it was neg. they said its a bacterial infection he thinks and they did blood test that was on friday and today is tuesday and no answer.I read up thats a sign of HIV im freaking out cant sleep im worried and i cant go to work without breaking down and staying in a shell please help me.Why would the doctor do blood test. Can a doctor run hiv test on u without you knowing?helppppppppppppppppppp thank you guys..... he got the sore throat on thursday and had it for 10 days or so. and he puked once and had diaherra for 2 days or so. please

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
shadesofgrey
Legend

Reged: 12/02/05
Re: PLEASE HELP new
      #232523 - 10/16/07 09:29 PM

lots of labs do the elisa in batches, it takes 96 i think. i know this is the way blood donations are tested, it is cost efficient. the v a did my test 3 years ago it took 2 weeks.

worrywart22

#232530 - 10/16/07 11:20 PM

COULD IT BE BECAUSE OF HIV THAT THEY DID THE TEST THERE NOT TESTING FOR HIV THAT I KNOW THEY SAID THEY WHERE GOING TO SEE WHY HE HAD A SORE THROAT AND THEN PUS IN THE THROAT SINCE IT WASNT STREP I WAS WOUNDERING DO THE LABS TEST FOR HIV WITHOUT U ASKING FOR IT..? AND IS BACTERIA INFECTION MEAN U HAVE HIV IM SCARED CANT RELAX IM FREAKING OUT HELP

tangled_lioness

Reged: 10/07/07
      #232555 - 10/17/07 01:08 AM

I can tell you that when a doctor orders blood tests it is usually a CBC and electrolyte panel and perhaps a blood culture. He won't test for HIV or any other STD unless he is given reason to believe he should (i.e., your sexual history, drug abuse history, etc. info they might is ask about during the exam/history taking). The doctor will tell you what it is that he is testing your blood for. There are privacy laws in the U.S. that protect us from things like that happening.

Good luck.

worrywart22

#232556 - 10/17/07 01:22 AM

thank u you said it better then anyone else. im relaxed i talked to my honey and i broke down cring he asked me why didnt i come to him quicker if i was worried he had no idea he said he aint going no where and i will be able to bug him when he doesnt do something my way lol...like they way i was clothes or dishes lol... he said doc wanted to do blood test cause he wanted to nail down the bacteria infections since my boyfriend didnt have many symptoms he had to nail and pin what he had which is to due the blood work and see was infection is there

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2377

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3