Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
michael2122

Reged: 10/15/07
Do I have to retest@6th mnth..?
      #232457 - 10/15/07 09:30 AM

Dear All,
I am 24 yrs old from THailand.....First of all, I am so sorry about my english communication....some words or sentenses may seen weird...

Last 3 months, I had 1-2 minutes anal unprotected sex ,I am gay male-recepiption.....
Then I am so so worry because I ve cough for a week...
My blood check history are
- 6 weeks : Anti HIV I/II Stat =Non Reative by Eclia (Sens 100% , Spec 99.1%)
- 8 weeks : Anti HIV Immunochromonography = Non Reactive
- 72 Days (I don't know what kind of test they used) but the result cam NEGATIVE
- 75 Days "HIV PCR TEST" = Negative by nested
- 12 Weeks : Anti HIV I/II Stat =Non Reative by Eclia (Sens 100% , Spec 99.1%)

However, I had coughed for 2 week (without having fever during 80th day after exposure) The doctor told me that I was infected with some kind of virus according to less relaxation and anxity(Sleep Late...woke up early..which all are actially true) The cough gone within 2 weeks...Will this be because of HIV?

Furthermore, I was so worried ....I really don't want to wait till 6 months.....I cried everyday, can't sleep everyday.....
so I called my partner who I previously had sex with to have blood check @ 87 -90 days after exposure (Which he claimed that the last time he had unprotect sex was very long, longer than 3 months) THe result is ...: Anti HIV I/II Stat =Non Reative by Eclia (Sens 100% , Spec 99.1%)

Please help me....
1. Is ECLIA ok to check for HIV ? I called blood test lab...The tester told me that they used ELISA GEN 4th to do blood test..She also told me that ECLIA is the same as ELISA but use a different detection (.Electrochemiluminescence Immunoassay) Which I didn't understand much in tecnical term and usage. She also told me don't come again @ 6th moth because both of us was not infected....But I am here to ask a lot of very nice and kind expert...PLease help me!
2 Do I have to recheck again at 6 months.....It is torturing to wait more 3 month to have again at 6th mnth.
3.. Can I goback to normal life now? Should I stop worrying? Should I stop crying?

Best wish to all of you and Thank you in advance
MIC

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Survivor
Legend

Reged: 10/30/05
Loc: Get off the fence and live again!
Re: Do I have to retest@6th mnth..? new
      #232460 - 10/15/07 09:38 AM

Michael... Yes, you can go back to your normal life now. Hopefully with a pocket full of condom's... :) Neither one of you are infected with hiv... Remember that you are in the highest risk bracket (as I was) for hiv. Be careful out there. We dont need anymore Pozzers in this world..

Hugs,

Eric

ravi
Legend

Reged: 11/19/05
Loc: Adelaide, Australia
      #232483 - 10/15/07 11:31 PM

Michael,

There is no need for you to continue testing and/or think about HIV! Your problem is not HIV anymore...

Goodluck

--------------------
Take Care

God Bless you

Stay Well

Love Ravi

michael2122

Reged: 10/15/07
      #232495 - 10/16/07 09:33 AM

Thank you for both of your comment...I felt much better
.For the past 3 months , i ve learned a lot.....I t was hell...He was my first....
At First he told me that he liked me and really wanna be with me but after ''that night'' , he left me.......

When I called him to have a blood checked at 3th month because I don't want to wait more for another 3 months, he acted as if i were a stranger....I really learn a lot...

Anyway, please take care both of you, I am in Thai, a Bhuddist...My English is not so good so pls try to understand me...
I will pray to u a healthy life ....and wish you a lot of happiness in life

Truly Love you
Have everyday a nice day
M

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2314

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3