Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
missing

Reged: 09/12/07
Just took t test..... now extremely scared........
      #231675 - 09/28/07 11:16 PM

To be honest I never thought I will need to do this. I understand how HIV is transmitted so I avoid doing all of those risky act. I only have 1 stable partner for many years, never smoke let a lone doing drug with shared needle.

Nevertheless. I have been sick for a month with no known cause. I get dizzy easily and I have low fever (37.2, but my normal temperature is usually < 36.4). all the time. My left chest and left thigh is swelling, but my doctor couldn't feel that. I also have unexplained loose stool for a month. My doctor has gone through so many blood test / x ray and ultrasound and all but 1 turned out to be normal. My doctor suspects it is auto immune disease due to the high ESR, but other tests kind of ruled it out.

My doctor is usually not pessimistic, and always urge me to stop worrying. However this time he looked very serious and told me to get HIV test. He said I am very low risk, but "you never know". Other than the HIV test he also ordered a bunch of liver related test. I took the test already, but I am extremely scared and often wake up in nightmare. I have to wait for a week for my result thanks to the stupid health care system.....

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anthony25
Regular

Reged: 09/19/07
Re: Just took t test..... now extremely scared.... new
      #231679 - 09/29/07 01:41 AM

Hang in there bro

Jackie__Blue
Legend

Reged: 01/20/07
Re: Just took t test..... now extremely scared.... new
      #231687 - 09/29/07 08:05 AM

Well you should be getting an HIV test done every year. Everybody should.

When you posted 2 weeks ago you were concerned about a blow job that you had given your boyfriend and the fact HE was sick. At that point you said: "My throat is very painful, but I don't have any other problem." Now it's over a month of unexplained illness and it's your doctor that brings up HIV?

http://www.thebody.com/cgi-bin/bbs/
showflat.php?Cat=&Board=infected&Number=230764&
Forum=All_Forums&Words=7112&Match=Username&Searchpage=0&
Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=230764&Search=true#Post23076

I guess what I don't understand is that you are concerned about a blow job. You've been in a long term relationship - 10 years. Are you trying to tell us that you have NEVER had unprotected sex once in 10 years with your long term partner? I don't buy it.

Whatever your real story is....I hope your test result turns out negative for you.

shadesofgrey
Legend

Reged: 12/02/05
Re: Just took t test..... now extremely scared........ new
      #231727 - 09/30/07 03:10 PM

a high esr is only proof that there is something going on in the body that is not normal. which means you could have thousands of things, from a simple alllergy to cancer. inflammation can cause an esr to raise, if you are having digestive problems and your dr thinks it may be auto immune i would worry more on that than hiv.

Survivor
Legend

Reged: 10/30/05
Loc: Get off the fence and live again!
Re: Just took t test..... now extremely scared........ new
      #231737 - 09/30/07 06:35 PM

It is better to KNOW than to not... Do not think otherwise. You are taking charge of your health...

Eric

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2139

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3