Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
soworried27
Regular

Reged: 09/19/07
Update:I am going to die:Please help I want suicid
      #231598 - 09/27/07 06:59 AM

I am so scared I can no longer function. I am in day 11 and I am certaing that I am infected. Starting about Wednesday last wee, so about day 3 or 4 I started with bowel changes and congestion. My temp started to go between 97.9 to 99.5, but I agreed with everyone that it was just a cold, to early to serconvert. Well since that time, on Friday I had no energy and needed to nap and all of my bones hurt. Sunday, the 1 week mark, I was super nausious(sorry) and tired. I also had developed a mouth ulcer on my lower lip. Monday, I have inflamation of the gums on both sides, almost feels like pizza burn where you can scrape of the dead skin, and the diaherra is rampid. Now on Thursday morning, day 11 I have diaherra, mouth ulcer, iflamed gums on both sides, no appetite, etc.. The only thing I do not have is a fever or rash. I can not understand how this would just be a coincidence with the event. I showed my wife my mouth yetsreday and she goes look like your gums moved away from your teeth like I needed to hear that. I am at the end, and ready to commit suicide. I have no doubt in my mind that I have contracted the virus and do not know what to do. I have spoken to the girl that I was with and she claims she is fine. She said that she has not been with anyone outside of her husband in 2 months and her rapid test came back negative yesterday. Could I actually not be infected, could I be so lucky or is the evidence overwhelming. I took a 9.5 day PCR for piece of mind but no results yet. I am really thinking of suicide, please help.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
ravi
Legend

Reged: 11/19/05
Loc: Adelaide, Australia
Re: Update:I am going to die:Please help I want suicid new
      #231604 - 09/27/07 08:26 AM

Worried,

I think you are thinking too much! Symptoms are not considered conclusive for diagnosing the status of an individual... only a test can!

When i was a WW, i almost had all the symptoms, however i tested negative, and probably this proves the fact which i am trying to say!

Before i conclude, i must add, suicide is an act performed by a weak individual and is certainly not a solution to the problem you experience.

Goodluck

--------------------
Take Care

God Bless you

Stay Well

Love Ravi

soworried27
Regular

#231605 - 09/27/07 08:27 AM

Where are these symptoms soming from. I am SO SCARED and crying my eyes out. I fit the whole bill of ARS. I do not know what to do.

Pozcruise2008

Reged: 09/02/07
Loc: Lynwood IL
      #231606 - 09/27/07 08:27 AM

THE BEST THING I CAN SAY TO YOU, IS NUMBER ONE.... DON'T UPSET YOURSELF. NUMBER TWO, GO TALK WITH YOUR DOCTOR AND STOP COMMING TO YOUR OWN CONCLUSIONS THERE IS A BIG CHANCE YOU COULD BE WRONG. EDUCATE YOURSELF ABOUT HIV/AIDS, ITS GOING TO BE ALRIGHT DON'T GIVE UP ON YOURSELF LIKE THAT YOU ARE WORTH MORE LIVING, HAPPY, AND SANE. I THINK THE QUESTION YOU SHOULD BE ASKING YOURSELF IS WHAT WILL I DO IF.................................

soworried27
Regular

#231607 - 09/27/07 08:51 AM

Can I have some faith in the PCR or was that a waste?

soworried27
Regular

#231613 - 09/27/07 10:00 AM

In someones honest opinoin, is it very possible that I can have all of these symptoms and not be positive? If so, waht are the odds?

Survivor
Legend

Reged: 10/30/05
Loc: Get off the fence and live again!
      #231617 - 09/27/07 11:27 AM

[quote]Where are these symptoms soming from. I am SO SCARED and crying my eyes out. I fit the whole bill of ARS. I do not know what to do. [/quote]

The "whole bill" as you put it IS A BUNCH OF BULLSHIT. I want to strangle which ever person (scientist or dickhead) said you could figure a hiv diagnosis conclusivly or even potentially based off of any of the symptoms you decribe...

A.R.S. stands for "Absolutely Ridiculous Shit"

Just Sayin,

Eric

Anthony25
Regular

Re: Update:I am going to die:Please help I want su new
      #231630 - 09/27/07 03:45 PM

DO NOT KILL YOURSELF!!!! The whole point of your fear is the fact that your affraid of death, but your willing to inflict it upon yourself???? It makes no logic.....NO LOGIC AT ALL.....Wait for your test results, and see a councelor....OMG I'm going crazy myself worrying all the time but words cannot express how much better I feel when I found somebody to talk to...somebody tangeble. If your still feeling suicidal call a suicide hotline....its not worth killing yourself over. If life is on hold till the test...LET IT BE ON HOLD TILL YOUR TEST RESULTS...take off work and just say it's anxiety problems...that's a legit reason to not goto work.....stay alive man....ALIVE!!!!!!
God Bless You Bro

soworried27
Regular

#231632 - 09/27/07 04:18 PM

I dont know if this means anything, but Ireceived a negative antibody test and PCR DNA at Day10. Please help me to understand.

vokz
Grand Master

Reged: 09/06/07
Loc: London, UK
      #231652 - 09/28/07 02:44 AM

It says with absolute one hundred percent certainty that none of this vast multitude of symptoms that you are experiencing have anything at all to do with HIV or ARS / seroconversion illness (if they were you world have a detectable DNA, RNA and viral load and would have tested positive).

There is no room to manoeuvre on this - it is all in YOUR mind .. or a reaction to some other infection.

Given that the test was at ten days though, you will still need to test again to confirm that the negative stays negative.

soworried27
Regular

#231688 - 09/29/07 09:15 AM

Well I have felt a bit better since the results and the girl was nice enough to meet me and take one of those do it yourself results test, but I still have some odd concerns. I dont have a fever or any new mouth ulcers, which were rulled out by my DNA test anyway I guess. However I have nothing but liquid diaherra going on and I am, coughing like a wildman. My doctor put me on xanax until the window is over so that I can relax, but I do not understand where the diaherra is coming from. I am also so upset because the first at home test I took came back that we did not get enough blood. Thank God she was nice enough to take it again. The good think is were are talking a lot more and becoming friends so she is doing this stuff for me. If that second one is wrong too though she will be pissed. How bad would that suck, I get her to take 2 tests for me and neither one works.

Bear60
Legend

Reged: 12/21/05
      #231690 - 09/29/07 10:23 AM

Before i conclude, i must add, suicide is an act performed by a weak individual and is certainly not a solution to the problem you experience.
quote Ravi
Ravi, I really disagree with this evaluation of people who commit suicide. I have personally known three people who have committed suicide. None of them were "weak" individuals...mentally, morally or emotionally. I think two of these people suffered from a mental illness. The third was just a stubborn "son of a bitch" who made up his mind to do it and did.

--------------------
6 ft tall poz bear in Philadelphia

plenty_concerned

Reged: 09/30/07
      #231740 - 09/30/07 09:10 PM

I understand your fear but right now that is all that it is fear. Hang in there. I felt the same way as you and I completely know where you are coming from. say a prayer and remember you have afamily who loves and needs you.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3944

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3