Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
chrisbadmushroom
Guardian

Reged: 05/24/07
children
      #231417 - 09/23/07 11:08 AM

does any one know the average lifespan of children born with hiv in the US with the newer meds

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
chrisbadmushroom
Guardian

Re: children new
      #231424 - 09/23/07 08:05 PM

so no one knows

Jackie__Blue
Legend

Reged: 01/20/07
      #231427 - 09/23/07 08:32 PM

In which countries?

In third world countries not much has changed. Children die as children.

In industrialized nations not only has the rate of children borned infected reduced, but the life expectancy is into adulthood with continuing research ever increasing life expectancy of everyone infected with the virus.

Anthony25
Regular

Reged: 09/19/07
      #231431 - 09/24/07 03:21 AM

I think it's a long time bro in the USA, I've even heard about a kid born with it and it went into remission after meds were started and now the kid is virus free....it was on a talk show....

Jackie__Blue
Legend

#231432 - 09/24/07 06:09 AM

I think you might have misunderstood? People can't become virus free from HIV. They can go into 'remission' if that's what you want to call it, when they achieve a non-detectable viral load, but that must be maintained with medication. That's the whole point, it's incurable.

However, babies born to mothers with HIV will test postive after birth even if they eventually test negative.

This is because the mother's antibodies are passed to the baby in-utero. It takes a few weeks for the mother's antibodies to clear.

chrisbadmushroom
Guardian

#231433 - 09/24/07 08:27 AM

so if a child was born with hiv they would have antibodies at birth

Jackie__Blue
Legend

#231443 - 09/24/07 10:09 AM

If the mother is HIV+ then any child she has, either negative or positive would have HIV antibodies at the time of birth and for sometime after.

http://www.sfaf.org/aids101/hiv_testing.html#children

"Newborns and Children

During pregnancy a mother's antibodies to HIV are transferred to the baby. Therefore, for the first 12-18 months, a child born to an HIV-positive woman will test positive with an antibody test. This does not mean that the child is infected. After 12 to 18 months, the child will shed the mother's antibodies. If he/she is infected, the child will continue to test positive with an antibody test after this period. For this reason, the antibody test is not a reliable indicator of HIV status for children under 18 months. In cases such as these, the viral load test may be used to provide additional information about the child's immune system.
"

chrisbadmushroom
Guardian

#231474 - 09/24/07 06:05 PM

what if a child got hiv from breastmilk would they still have antibody's

Jackie__Blue
Legend

#231476 - 09/24/07 07:38 PM

I could say something about breastfeeding and HIV transmission that would scare the hell out of you. But, I'm gonna quit playing now. You said you believe that whatever is wrong with you is NOT HIV. You said that once again today. Remember? So...if you don't have HIV, you didn't give it to your wife (who, BTW also has tested negative) and thus to your children.

ENOUGH. You want to follow this fantasy to it's conclusion? Do your own research.

chrisbadmushroom
Guardian

#231477 - 09/24/07 07:52 PM

well that is helpful that message scares the hell out of me. does any one know what she is talking about could a kid be born without hiv then get it from breastfeeding and not have a positive antibody test

Edited by chrisbadmushroom (09/24/07 07:57 PM)

chrisbadmushroom
Guardian

#231478 - 09/24/07 08:00 PM

and further more i do not believe we have hiv but think it is something viral. I am sure after 22 months of tests it should have shown up by now

Jackie__Blue
Legend

#231479 - 09/24/07 08:02 PM

[quote]well that is helpful that message scares the hell out of me [/quote]

I fail to see how the above can scare you.

You don't have HIV. Your wife doesn't have HIV. Your children don't have HIV.

The whole issue doesn't even pertain to you or your life.

Florida69
Legend

Reged: 02/19/07
      #231480 - 09/24/07 08:21 PM

Chris what you are doing essentially is causing panic when there simply is none. You know mass hysteria. YOU DO NOT HAVE HIV, this has been confirmed even after 22 months. I have no idea what you have, but I know from you that it is not HIV. HIV will show up within 3 months of infection, in twenty-five plus years this theory has been tried and confirmed. Millions of times. Chris there are 40 Million people world wide that are infected with HIV, be grateful you are not one of them. I think your issues are mental, why else would you be here in a place of support argueing an inane point. You know the answers, why must you do this over and over again? By the way to answer your question in today's science a person testing HIV as a child will probably live a normal life span. You children are not positive so there is no hypothetical question. We have asked that you stop this, but you don't get it, what is that you want from this site that is dedicated to helping people with HIV? Why must you cause harm to people who are already in turmoil? In my opinion it is a sickness that lives deep within the dark places of your brain. Again, I implore you to stop this nonsense and move on with your life. We are here to help people who need our help, you are not one. With that said, I will no longer respond to your posts, I would ask that anyone else on these boards do the same, perhaps then we can get back to helping those who need our help. D

chrisbadmushroom
Guardian

quote aids2hiv new
      #231483 - 09/24/07 08:56 PM

[quote]there is alot of "educated guesses" about hiv, and sadly many do not want to admit, that the window period is one of them. I myself have been attacked by others for telling the truth about the window period. In fact, I am surprised that those who argue it, havent been by to attack you yet. It does happen, and it does happen more than lead to believe, Im glad you have shared this experience, because people need to know the truth, about something as devastating as HIV/aids...

Your test results will tell you soon enough about your status. Please don't fall into the trap of trusting someone elses results, for all you know, the other person could have gotten infected with unhealthy behaviors after being with you. and including an HIV test into an overall yearly health exam, is not a bad thing. Knowing your status is a BIG deal, with or without HIV. Using Latex/polyurethane condoms, along with water based lubricants, will eliminate the risks of getting hiv. It takes two irresponsible people to transmit te disease, but only takes one responsible one to stop the transmission....Good Luck & God Bless* [/quote]

also this is what the board says
Am I Infected?
Worried that you have put yourself in a high-risk situation for HIV or other sexually transmitted diseases? Talk to others here!

notice it says; or other sexually transmitted diseases

why do you care if i ask questions anyway, I thought you where a leader who prided yourself in educating others

Edited by chrisbadmushroom (09/24/07 09:06 PM)

shadesofgrey
Legend

Reged: 12/02/05
Re: quote aids2hiv new
      #231486 - 09/24/07 10:02 PM

chris i would think by now you would seek a mental health counselor. there is no hiv in your life, sometimes i wonder if you secretly want it, hope not. i am part of the worried well and the only reason i come to this board is i have made friends that i keep in contact with that have hiv. you dont have it, if you think you have sexually transmitted diseases other than hiv, you shoud seek out those boards but i am pleading with you to seek some mental health counseling it will make a world of difference

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4491

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3