Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
soworried27

Reged: 09/19/07
Corrected Update: I am going to die
      #231252 - 09/20/07 12:20 PM

So sorry I meant to post the update with the original story under, and I forgot to post the update. Anyway, I got a hold of the girl via text and she claims that she is clean. She says that she is tested once a year when she goes for her regular appointment at the gyno. I dont know if she is talking about having a full panel of STD's done or just some basic tetsting. Would a doctor do StD testing and not recommend an HIV test? Anyway, I do not have a fever. My temp has been up and down from 97.5-99.5 over the last 2 days, so I would imagine thats a good sign. I am congested and coughing very much which I understand is such a basic sign, but I found it a bit odd that I have this event and then get sick 4 days later. I have also had a 2 day headache. Please let me know what you think.

----Original Story-----
I had an event on Saturday that has me so worried. I had sex with someone that I met at a local bar. It was somewhat protected. She took the condom off and went in and out about 3 or 4 times and a condom that I was wearing for 10min or so I found out was ripped. It is now Wed. 4 days later and I have a cold and a temperature. I am so scared but I dont know what is real and what I am causing my self. Are cold like symptoms a sign of seroconversion or only something much more drastic. Please help me I am going crazy. The girl I was with is married, but she is obviously premiscious and she kept telling me to take off the condom. The only thing I feel safe ablout is that she asked if I had anything she needed to worry about, but with the initial infectionn coming off as a flu,she could be sick and not even know it. Please help, I am loosing my mind. What is the earliest I can get any kind of test? SO lost!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by soworried27 (09/20/07 04:28 PM)

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Sprite1

Reged: 08/23/07
Re: Corrected Update: I am going to die new
      #231274 - 09/20/07 05:00 PM

From my understanding, you're absolutely fine. The only thing you've caught is a cold, and not even necessarily from her. Don't go looking for symptoms! They mean nothing, and are so nebulous and varied (and often related to anxiety). I'd just relax for now (ha ha, advice so easy to give, but hard to take.) But no, really. Relax.

soworried27

#231382 - 09/22/07 09:28 AM

I am listening to all of you, but this just keeps getting worse. Just when I think I was a dork for being so worried, things get worse. I am now at what would be 6.5 days since my incident and my smptoms have gotten worse. For example I am now on day 4 of this monster cold that will not go away, in fact just gets worse. I also have had an ongoing headache for the last 4 days and a change in bowel movements as well. I also now have a sore on the roof of my mouth and no energy what so ever. I am hoping I have some brutal sinus infection, but the odds are looking less and less in my favor. The only thing I see as a positive is that my temp is not elevated at all. Everyone I have talked to that is positive had some sort of fever at some point. I dont know what to think anymore, please help.

vokz
Regular

Reged: 09/06/07
Loc: London, UK
      #231383 - 09/22/07 09:57 AM

Symptoms of HIV just two days after your not very plausible exposure scenario? LOL

Sorry, but this just has to be said ….

I think you should pull yourself together, stop being so ridiculous and stop trying to pass the blame for your paranoia on to her by publicly questioning her reliability and calling her "promiscuous".

soworried27

#231384 - 09/22/07 10:15 AM

I hope that is the cause, but I feel as though it is not. I feel as though I truly do have a cold which explains the symptoms that I had at days 3 and 4. However the things that have been going on since then are not so easily explainable by the common cold, ex. sore on roof of mouth. I am wondering if I started with a cold and have now started to see the signs of seroconversion. I feel like someone hit me with a Semi truck.

vokz
Regular

Reged: 09/06/07
Loc: London, UK
      #231385 - 09/22/07 10:22 AM

Well you are not suffering from ARS / seroconversion illness – your symptoms are not even consistent with ARS - and plenty of people have already told you that.

Repeatedly asking for the same advice is not going to change the answer you will get.

If you can't believe us, then go and see a doctor (not that you will believe the doctor either).

Jackie__Blue
Veteran

Reged: 01/20/07
      #231391 - 09/22/07 11:52 AM

[quote]Symptoms of HIV just two days after your not very plausible exposure scenario? LOL

Sorry, but this just has to be said ….

I think you should pull yourself together, stop being so ridiculous and stop trying to pass the blame for your paranoia on to her by publicly questioning her reliability and calling her "promiscuous". [/quote]

Hear. Hear. Very true. And let's not forget in his over paranoia state of mind, he has implied that those of us with HIV are 'dirty'. Quote: "Anyway, I got a hold of the girl via text and she claims that she is clean."

Also I'm not quite ready to accept this rapid death sentence he has given to all of us living with HIV. I guess he doesn't realize that none of us (- or +) are getting out of here alive.

As far as you go So worried. You are not experiencing ARS. It's TWO TO FOUR WEEKS before FLU-LIKE symptoms. If any symptoms at all. What you are experiencing is an OVER ACTIVE IMAGINATION.

Just remember this: "Paranoia will self-destroy ya."

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2748

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3