Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
soworried27
Regular

Reged: 09/19/07
I am going to die, please help
      #231189 - 09/19/07 02:35 PM

I had an event on Saturday that has me so worried. I had sex with someone that I met at a local bar. It was somewhat protected. She took the condom off and went in and out about 3 or 4 times and a condom that I was wearing for 10min or so I found out was ripped. It is now Wed. 4 days later and I have a cold and a temperature. I am so scared but I dont know what is real and what I am causing my self. Are cold like symptoms a sign of seroconversion or only something much more drastic. Please help me I am going crazy. The girl I was with is married, but she is obviously premiscious and she kept telling me to take off the condom. The only thing I feel safe ablout is that she asked if I had anything she needed to worry about, but with the initial infectionn coming off as a flu,she could be sick and not even know it. Please help, I am loosing my mind. What is the earliest I can get any kind of test? SO lost!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Sprite1
All Star

Reged: 08/23/07
Re: I am going to die, please help new
      #231203 - 09/19/07 07:46 PM

Relax. Too soon for seroconversion; the only thing you've caught is a cold - which I suppose could be considered sexually transmitted in the circumstances...

Anthony25
Regular

#231214 - 09/19/07 09:54 PM

Bro, relax and calm down, I myself a couple hours ago posted something like that, and I am scared out of my mind too, I want you to know that I am praying for your well being, but eating yourself alive isn't going to help you either, stress causes alot of stuff too, talk to your doctor, see what he thinks, maybe you just got a cold, God Bless you man

sacinsc
Regular

Reged: 09/12/07
Loc: South Carolina
      #231223 - 09/19/07 10:35 PM

It took me a week for seroconversion. I got sick about 5 days later, but prob got sick so fast because i was recovering still from syphillis (had already been treated) I felt REALLY bad when I was going through seroconversion. Fevers, naustia, couldnt get out of bed hardly. Course then my appendix erupted nearly killing me, which is what i thought was why i was sick. That was at the end of May beginning of June.

You can actually get tested 2 weeks after the exposure. If you have taken no PEP treatment. PEP treatment would have to be started within 3 days of exposure. You ask for the highest sensitivity test when getting screened. Otherwise wait 3 months and you can get the regular test.

Good luck, hope you dont turn out poz.

Matt

ravi
Legend

Reged: 11/19/05
Loc: Adelaide, Australia
      #231233 - 09/19/07 11:49 PM

Hi,

Unprotected sex does place you at risk, however the risk is further decreased since you used a condom for some portion of the act. Besides you were the insertive partner, so in all, i am quite confident you should come out fine out of it! ARS does not manifest itself that soon, classical ARS appears 2-4 weeks post exposure and usually, ARS symptoms are multiple.

Test at 12 weeks post exposure. Relax!

Goodluck

--------------------
Take Care

God Bless you

Stay Well

Love Ravi

soworried27
Regular

#231250 - 09/20/07 11:57 AM

An update to the story. I got a hold of the girl via text and she claims that she is clean. She says that she is tested once a year when she goes for her regular appointment at the gyno. I dont know if she is talking about having a full panel of STD's done or just some basic tetsting. Would a doctor do StD testing and not recommend an HIV test? Anyway, I do not have a fever. My temp has been up and down from 97.5-99.5 over the last 2 days, so I would imagine thats a good sign. I am congested and coughing very much which I understand is such a basic sign, but I found it a bit odd that I have this event and then get sick 4 days later. I have also had a 2 day headache. Please let me know what you think.

ravi
Legend

Reged: 11/19/05
Loc: Adelaide, Australia
      #231306 - 09/20/07 11:26 PM

Worried,

the new update does not change the initial assessment. You need to get tested at 12 weeks, however it seems you would be negative....

Goodluck

--------------------
Take Care

God Bless you

Stay Well

Love Ravi

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2511

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3