Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
chrisbadmushroom
Guardian

Reged: 05/24/07
Airborne HIV YIKES
      #231000 - 09/16/07 06:13 PM

I just keep reflecting back to 7th grade science and remember my teacher explaining viruses and one thing keep pooping up in my little brain my science teacher said "viruses mutate on average every 15/20 years and eventually will go airborne " does anyone remember that lesson do you think that could ever happen just wondering that would be a hell of a day for humanity YIKES

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
uglyduck
Grand Master

Reged: 08/21/07
Loc: Dominican Republic
Re: Airborne HIV YIKES new
      #231002 - 09/16/07 06:22 PM

DAMN IT CHRIS... YOU JUST SCARED THE HELL OUT OF ME... I KNOW HIS HAND TOUCHED MY CUT... OH... NO!!! I'M GOING TO CRY!!! JEJEJEJEJEJEJEJ

MAN IF HIV GOES AIRBORNE... WE ARE ALL FUCKED!! PERIOD... NOT COMMING BACK. HOWEVER IF THAT EVER HAPPENS I THINKI MORE MONEY WOULD BE SPEND ON A VACCINE OR A FULL CURE... OTHERWISE, I'LL BUY THOUSENDS OF SHARES OF THE DRUG COMPANIES.

Jackie__Blue
Legend

Reged: 01/20/07
      #231004 - 09/16/07 07:30 PM

So....what did your 7th grade teacher have to say about Syphillis? You know the thing Napeleon died from a couple of centuries ago. Last I heard he got it the same why we still get it today. How about Hep A, B and C. Herpes, HPV, etc. Same thing.

Since your teacher said this, I'm curious as to which diseases were cited by him/her to prove this happens.

Yeah, HIV does mutate as do all other virus'.

The flu is a notorious for it, which is why flu shots are given yearly. But the flu never changes the way it is transmitted, which in it's case is airborne and it will continue to be airborne. But I suppose someday, some fool will swear they got the Flu from sex.

chrisbadmushroom
Guardian

#231007 - 09/16/07 07:51 PM

you know that is a good point you should have been in my 7th grade science class to ask him that maybe i had a shity 7th grade teacher i do not know but i think i will research it and find out that would be crapy but how did we get it from fuckin monkeys in the first place got an answer to that

Jackie__Blue
Legend

Reged: 01/20/07
      #231008 - 09/16/07 08:01 PM

Here's a pretty good explaniation. It's not unusual for a virus to cross species, hence why the WHO tracks Avian Flu in birds so closely these days. It would be unusal for a virus to change how it is transmitted.

I thought you were out of here when you tested negative for the umpteenth time. At least that's what you said. I knew I should have started a board betting pool on your return.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2003/06/0612_030612_hivvirusjump.html

chrisbadmushroom
Guardian

#231009 - 09/16/07 08:10 PM

well it says hiv and other sexually transmitted diseases and i ruled out hiv but i like to watch the crazy people (like me) that spring up here and have made a few (FEW) friends so the short answer is i have no life

vokz
Grand Master

Reged: 09/06/07
Loc: London, UK
      #231019 - 09/17/07 02:34 AM

It sounds to me like someone’s science teacher already had tertiary syphilis. Probably teaches ‘intelligent’ design too.

Sprite1
All Star

Reged: 08/23/07
      #231024 - 09/17/07 07:25 AM

Chris - you know you're ok now. Again, I've no right to say this as any kind of moderator or anything, but I'll try and say it as someone who's still going through what you've been going through - Please don't post with ideas like that in this section of the forum. Please don't make nervous people much, much more nervous than they already are. It's an interesting scientific debate but I don't think *anyone* in the "Am I Infected?" board wants to have that sort of interesting scientific debate.

Go and live your life a little. Have sex - safely! Please. For your sake and ours.

Florida69
Legend

Reged: 02/19/07
      #231041 - 09/17/07 10:31 AM

[quote]Chris - you know you're ok now. Again, I've no right to say this as any kind of moderator or anything, but I'll try and say it as someone who's still going through what you've been going through - Please don't post with ideas like that in this section of the forum. Please don't make nervous people much, much more nervous than they already are. It's an interesting scientific debate but I don't think *anyone* in the "Am I Infected?" board wants to have that sort of interesting scientific debate.

Go and live your life a little. Have sex - safely! Please. For your sake and ours. [/quote]

Amen, Chris love you mean it, but guy this is really irresponsible to post that type of stuff in this forum. It freaks out the worry well more. You should enjoy the kids, the wife and live, love and laugh, not necessarily in that order. D

Survivor
Legend

Reged: 10/30/05
Loc: Get off the fence and live again!
      #231057 - 09/17/07 02:37 PM

Donnie, Hiv really came from alien abductors from mars right?? I think Chris could verify that.... And probably find something on the internet to substantiate the claim...

hmmmm...

chrisbadmushroom
Guardian

SUVIVOR WAS RIGHT new
      #231060 - 09/17/07 03:57 PM

http://www.rense.com/ufo4/aidset.htm
THIS LINK CLEARLY SHOW THE TRUE ORIGIN OF AIDS

Florida69
Legend

Reged: 02/19/07
      #231062 - 09/17/07 04:33 PM

alien_saucer_crash_prankCC.wmv (4779.4 KB)

shadesofgrey
Legend

Reged: 12/02/05
      #231067 - 09/17/07 09:13 PM

chris i thought you left here to start your new life, okay 7th grade science , yes viruses will mutate but when they do they get weaker . so if and when hiv goes airborn i doubt very much that it will equal to anything more than a cold. You should know better than the post this garbage on this board, their are worried well who dont need you to scare them anymore than they are, dont you have a life that you need to attend to.

chrisbadmushroom
Guardian

#231072 - 09/17/07 11:17 PM

oh yea viruses get weaker you mean like the new multi antibiotic resistant syphilis that the CDC is warning about right

vokz
Grand Master

Reged: 09/06/07
Loc: London, UK
      #231078 - 09/18/07 02:21 AM

Hmmmm

I suppose the same incompetent teacher forgot to teach you that syphilis is not a virus .. and that antibiotics have no effect on viruses.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5897

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3