Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
redgirl

Reged: 11/07/06
REDGIRL got tested after a full year of worry
      #230912 - 09/14/07 04:00 PM

Hello everyone

I dont know if anyone remembers me from last year...i had quite a lot of replies to my original post (thousands hehe!). Well anyway, to cut a long story short, i was CONVINCED i had HIV, but would not get tested out of fear. I first thought that i had HIV in august 2006 because of numerous "symptoms"....swollen lymph nodes, night sweats etc, and i knew i wasnt imagining these things, as i am a 5th year student doctor, and i know what a lymph node feels like and where to find them!!

Well anyway, i went on for A YEAR without being tested, i really was that scared, until this year in august i finally decided enough is enough..and i went for the test. The doctor told me my result would be ready in a week.....but when the week was up i couldnt face getting the result. I went on for weeks and weeks thinking about my result but not actually going to find out what it was. But one day i felt really ill and ended up with a urine infection which was so bad that i was in agony and i HAD to go to the doctor for some medicne. I dreaded it soooooooooo much. But when i went in to see him he didnt even mention the HIV test....and as he was looking through my file, i saw a sheet of paper saying HIV antibody: negative.

NEGATIVE!!! N-E-G-A-T-I-V-E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH MY GOODNESS ME!!!! HONESTLY THAT WAS THE BEST MOMENT OF MY LIFE.....LIKE I HAD MY LIFE BACK...AS I HAD BEEN LIVING IN FEAR FOR A YEAR...

So what i just want to say to all the worried people who think that they have got symptoms of HIV is that you really cant be sure of symptoms.......i mean i can still feel about 10-11 lymph nodes in my neck, 2 under my arms, and 6 in my inguinal region....AND I HAVE A PALPABLE LIVER AND SPLEEN!!!

I know it is difficult facing up to the test, and it is so worrying when you put yourself at risk of HIV and then the next thing you know, you see "symptoms" popping up everywhere....but all i can say is that no matter what your symptoms are and how real they are, it doesnt have to mean you've got HIV....i mean look at me

If i could live the last 12 months of my life again, i would have taken the HIV test as soon as i started to think i had HIV, honestly it is the best thing that you could do.

If anyone wants to read my original post to see all the symptoms i had (and still actually have lol) and to see how worried i was, i think it was originally posted on the 7th November 2006, and the title was My Story......

I wish everyone well, and that everything turns out ok for you all in the end....it did for me

Redgirl xxx

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
MiamiLat
Guardian

Reged: 12/30/05
Loc: Miami, FL
Re: REDGIRL got tested after a full year of worry new
      #230924 - 09/14/07 08:02 PM

CONGRATS and WOO-HOO! I am sooo happy for you! Thanks for sharing your story. Good luck in MED school!

--------------------
"Education, prevention, awareness, research, and support"

uglyduck
Grand Master

Reged: 08/21/07
Loc: Dominican Republic
      #230986 - 09/16/07 03:25 PM

REDGIRL is so sweet.... and she is cute too... ah!! Congratulations on you're negative Hon...

I think I'm in love with you!!!

PS: sorry guys suffering from AIDS Dementia!!! ahahahahah

chrisbadmushroom
Guardian

Reged: 05/24/07
      #230999 - 09/16/07 06:08 PM

this sounds familiar i swear i know someone like this

ravi
Legend

Reged: 11/19/05
Loc: Adelaide, Australia
      #231089 - 09/18/07 06:36 AM

Hey Redgirl,

Nice to hear and go through your testimony...

Goodluck

--------------------
Take Care

God Bless you

Stay Well

Love Ravi

30YEAROLDMOTHER2

Reged: 08/20/07
      #231336 - 09/21/07 11:32 AM

that is just beautiful - i am happy for you. I know just how your were feeling. before last year in July i had not taken a test 12 years - that is right, i said 12 years ... I was too scared of eveything - I was just scared of all my bad mistakes. but when i got a call and found one of my sexual partners just was in the HIV office and never told me and did test postive. I lost it, i hit me so hard " YOU NEED TO START TAKING CARE OF YOU-AND STOP LOOKING FOR SOMEONE- LOVE YOURSELF MORE" so went - and guess what i was Neg .. i could have kick myself in the behind. i should have been took care of ME---- and guess what never forget to take of YOU. God Bless

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2496

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3