Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
TorturedSpirit

Reged: 09/07/07
Loc: UAE
New worried male
      #230505 - 09/07/07 06:17 PM

Hi all....
I had unprotected (condom broken) sex with a massage theripest girl(uknown statue) last august, now im in my 6th week, no symptoms till now, I read alot of information on this site, so what I have to do is to get tested on three months mark, thats long period for me, im so scared, im in country where i cant get confidental HIV test and if im positive i will get fired from work and live in the hospital, and I will be hated by my society and even my family.... so sometimes i wish if i die now just not to go thru all these things... but i have to get tested i have to... im thinking alot, cant stop thinking.... this is the only place where i can share my thoughts with u guys confidentaly , I know alot of you going thru same situation as well, wish me best luck...

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
uglyduck
Grand Master

Reged: 08/21/07
Loc: Dominican Republic
Re: New worried male new
      #230507 - 09/07/07 06:34 PM

Hello Tortured Spirit,

I'm not an expert, but what I can tell you is this. I doubt you contracted HIV from the massage girl, and there are several reasons:

1) Women who work in these places are tested regularly.
2) Is not that easy to contract HIV, and is extremely difficult for HIV to be pass from a female to a male (it can happen, but not that easy).
3) the risk of insetive penile-vaginal intercourse is 5 per 10,000 exposures.
4) You dont mention anything about the interval between the condom breaking and you pulling out, but I can bet it was less than a 1 minute. So, the chances are on your side.
5) You havent show any symptoms (thats a good sign). Most people show symptoms between 2-4 weeks after exposure.
6) This is your 6th week. You can get a test now, and I'm pretty sure it will be negative, and then you can re-test at 3 months like the CDC says. (i know you said something about you being unable to test confidentially... i dont think thats completely true...) you can buy Rapid test online and have it send it to you, and then you can test yourself, or you can go to a lab(not the one at your hospital) and request a test. There must be some type of clinic in your country where they do confidential HIV testing. By the way where do you live? I live in the DR, and we do confidential testing...

Anyhow, I'm pretty sure you are negative... so Good luck and God Bless!!!

TorturedSpirit

#230508 - 09/07/07 06:45 PM

Hi UglyDuck....
you replay made a smile on my face, thanks alot...
well, I will try to find a confidental testing lab here... actually I live in UAE (United Arab Emirates)... well the statics is not clear here about the percentage of HIV postive persons, the goverment try to hide evrything about it, and I dont know what happen to positive people here, but i told you what I heard that they loose jobs and kept in hospital untill they die, maybe its only myth , or maybe it the truth, but because of our relegion if my family knew that i had sex , they will hate me and all the society will hate me , becase i made big sin, and they will see it as a punishment, thats why i said i prefer to die rthar they know about it... well your replay made me relaxed abit, thanks alot uglyduck, I read your story and im happy for you that you tested negative...
but i will never expose myself to that risk again, i have to be more careful next time, health is good
stay safe

uglyduck
Grand Master

Reged: 08/21/07
Loc: Dominican Republic
      #230517 - 09/07/07 11:44 PM

Damn man... you're in the middle east.. thats not cool.. Neveragain, is also in the the middle east. He is in Saudi Arabia. I understand about your religion, one of my best friends is from Pakistan. Anyhow, you made a mistake, everyone makes mistake, look the mistake I made... you read my story. however, that doesnt mean anyones had to know what you did...So, my recommendation is try to get a test kit online, or try to find a confidential lab (i dont think there are confidential labs in the middle east). In conclusion, I doubt you got HIV... the test is only to reassure you that you are on the clear...

PS: I'm glad I put a smile on you're face... people like survivor and neveragain put a smile on my face when I was super scare... I guess, that is what we do here... and someday you will too...

Good luck again, and God bless ya!!!

TorturedSpirit

#231124 - 09/18/07 05:03 PM

OK long time didnt post...
this is my 7th week.... still abit scared,
im gonna test anyway on my 13th week, counting the days..
Im gonna do unconfidental test anyway , i dont care anymore i just wana know my result thats all... if im infected let the socitey think and do whatever they want..
This is my worst period in my life, i even cant concentrate on my studies and my job...
I was planning to get married but im canceling the idea for now untill im sure that im negative..
need your support guys...
I will donate for AIDS organisations here and all over the world...

Bruda

Reged: 10/06/07
      #232033 - 10/06/07 11:11 AM

Hi Tortured.

You sound like a pretty young guy. If I can offer a little advice... At the end of the day you are your own protector. It matters--yes it matters a lot--that we always have the support of family, friends, society, etc. But sometimes they will fail us, just as someday we will fail the ones we have sworn to honor. That is just the way of the world. That said, you must always be your own defeneder. Never think that your own predicament is the worst. There is always something even worse and there is always a chance to improve things.

As you have already found through this website, there is a gigantic world that stretches beyond our own family, community and country. There is a place for everyone in this world somewhere. So never lose hope.

TorturedSpirit

#232154 - 10/09/07 11:05 AM

Thanx alot Bruda...
Your words helped alot , and I think people like you and this website will help more than my family or community in this issue... and I will be my own defender thats the best

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2663

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3