Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
nomanalone

Reged: 09/07/07
HIV SYMPTOMS???
      #230500 - 09/07/07 04:48 PM

I had 2 unprotected sexual encounters in January and February. I never experienced any ARS symptoms, but since the end of February, have been having headaches daily. Also I have had pain in my ears and neck. It feels as though my lymph nodes are throbbing, but there is no swelling. I have heard that lymph nodes do not hurt when experiencing HIV symptoms. Is this true? Otherwise I feel fine. Are these symptoms of HIV? It is getting really annoying and starting to freak me out a little. Please, and help is appreciated.

Edited by nomanalone (09/07/07 04:49 PM)

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
chrisbadmushroom
Guardian

Reged: 05/24/07
Re: HIV SYMPTOMS??? new
      #230501 - 09/07/07 05:18 PM

those could be the symptoms of a thousand different problems the only way to know if you are infected is to get tested after the recommended
window period

nomanalone

Reged: 09/07/07
      #230637 - 09/10/07 05:30 PM

I know these symptoms could be many things, but I am wondering if any HIV+ people out there experience these same ones. I appreciate your response, but you are worried like I am. I would just like an answer from those who may have experienced these.

uglyduck
Grand Master

Reged: 08/21/07
Loc: Dominican Republic
      #230638 - 09/10/07 05:38 PM

Some people do, some people dont. Some people have a bunch of symptoms and test negative at 6,12,15,18,24 weeks. Some people feel completely healthy for years, and one day apply for insurance, or get pregnant, find out that they are HIV+. So, the only way for you to know is to go and get tested. It has been more than 6 months after you're adventure, so the only recommendation is go and get tested. That is the only thing you can do. Do not try to diagnose yourself so you dont end up like people like squanderer (8 years after exposure, and havent tested yet), or romantico in the spanish forum (all symptoms, no test and believes his positive after a blow job with a condom...WITH A CONDOM, ARE YOU KIDDING ME???)...

CONCLUSION = GO AND GET TESTED...

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4494

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3