Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
amiscrewed

Reged: 09/06/07
this is very scary
      #230466 - 09/06/07 11:04 AM

I was at a college party with many guys. Me and my girlfriends went to the party where we where supposed to meet up with some boys from my school. Anyway i was given 1 drink and everything went fuzzy. I woke up the next day still at the party house and do not remember anything. When i got up to go to the bathroom my panties where gone.
I do not know what happened. MY friends told me the next day that they tried to find me but could not. So they went home. They left me there alone and now I am scared that i cought something from someone I am really freaked out right now. I do not even want to go to school now. What if i got HIV or something. What would I tell me parents. I was supposed to be at my friends house all night. I will be in so much trouble.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
chrisbadmushroom
Guardian

Reged: 05/24/07
Re: this is very scary new
      #230472 - 09/06/07 11:58 AM

hi it is not my intention to scare anyone they are right almost everyone will be able to tell if they are infected by 3 months what i was talking about would be extremely rare probably not even enough people to count on one hand. I am sorry to here about your situation and hope you can feel better soon if you get tested at 3 months and are negative you will not have to worry about further testing my situation is different because i have strange symptoms with no explanation good luck on your test :)

amiscrewed

#230476 - 09/06/07 12:58 PM

Thank you for explaining yourself, but you should not put up stuff like that. It is very scary to come here and see that. If it is a lie then you are a bad person for scarring everyone. Shame on you

ItsFaith
Legend

Reged: 10/17/05
      #230478 - 09/06/07 02:07 PM

sweetie, I'm assuming that you are in high school. Yes, what happened to you is very scarey. My honest opinion is you have to assume that someone took advantage of you....the one drink/fuzzy thing suggests perhas you were slipped something for that exact purpose. I know you're scared, but the best course of action would be to tell your parents, or another adult you trust, and see a doctor for an STD panel. And HIV test will have to wait a full three months to be definative. We're here if you need to talk.

Crystal

Loc: Washington DC
      #230481 - 09/06/07 02:47 PM

Oh sweety, I know what you are going through. For now just take a deep breath and TRY not to worry but I know that will not be easy. Get tested for all STDs and if you can’t talk to someone in your family try to talk to a friend or even a counselor at one of the HIV testing clinics in your area. Its not an easy thing to deal with not having the memory of what happened and our minds tend to think the worst sometimes but know that you are doing the right thing by asking and trying to find answers. Nothing heals faster than taking control of your life and looking forward more so than back.

Good luck and may you find answers and peace with what ever the outcome.

Crystal

Florida69
Legend

Reged: 02/19/07
      #230484 - 09/06/07 03:50 PM

[quote]Thank you for explaining yourself, but you should not put up stuff like that. It is very scary to come here and see that. If it is a lie then you are a bad person for scarring everyone. Shame on you [/quote]

That is reason we all jumped to defend the facts. Folks like yourself who get misinformation and then being terrified to be tested. By the way three months is conclusive and six months is conservative as set by the CDC. Take care and good luck, D

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2430

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3