Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
endlsskys

Reged: 08/30/07
Rapid test if it said positive then I am positive?
      #230261 - 09/01/07 04:10 PM

The health care officials said they have never seen a rapid test they have done come back with a false positive 100% are always positive. So if my test is positive with a very light line then chances are I am positive right? THey told me that they are 99.6% accurate and always correct. They are doing a confimatory test on me but they are sure it will come back positive.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
MiamiLat
Guardian

Reged: 12/30/05
Loc: Miami, FL
Re: Rapid test if it said positive then I am positive? new
      #230264 - 09/01/07 05:40 PM

The answer is NO. A positive rapid test, just like any positive ELISA, must be confirmed with a Western Blot to know for sure.
I read your previous post, did your partner test NEG? If so, and if you have had no other exposures, then it is very likely your rapid test was a false POS.
The other situation you describe about coming in contact with blood is an unlikely route of transmission...

--------------------
"Education, prevention, awareness, research, and support"

endlsskys

Reged: 08/30/07
Re: Rapid test if it said positive then I am posit new
      #230265 - 09/01/07 05:55 PM

Okay then if I am positive and I have not had sex with anyone and my partner is negative then what? I don't drink or do drugs of any kind unless it is over the counter. I have never been unfaithful just for that reason. My partner has not had the test but I keep thinking he is negitive and really freaking out big time.

uglyduck
Grand Master

Reged: 08/21/07
Loc: Dominican Republic
      #230278 - 09/01/07 09:02 PM

I know I'm not the right person to do say this, but man, Miami is right. You need to relax. Take a deepbreath, and take it easy. Now, what I would recommend you to do is Re-Test, if the Elisa comes back positive, as miami said, you need a western blot. Also, what would recommend you to do is to go with your partner so both of you can get tested... just relax man...

AIDS2HIV
Legend

Reged: 12/19/05
      #230282 - 09/01/07 11:38 PM

doesnt matter , you'd waste your money now taking an elisa test.....any positive result regardless of the type of test is sent off to be confirmed by a western blot, and that will tell ya for sure.....

if your boyfriend was cheatin on ya, and it took this to get him to confess, im sure theres more he's hiding.....infection occurs INSIDE the body, and many variables have to be just right for infection to take place, cuts pump blood outward, air, temperature, moisture, it all affects the fragile virus.

--------------------
Thinking about meeting someone from this site? Read my profile before you do.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2670

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3