Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
endlsskys

Reged: 08/30/07
Question about the rapid test and how i got it
      #230259 - 09/01/07 04:02 PM

I went in on thursday and got a rapid test done they said that I was HIV positive but needed to do a conferm test. So I am waiting on that so two weeks. My partner knows and is a little worried he might have given to me because he has cheated on me. He also states that he always used protection. If he is negitive and I have not cheated on him is possilbe I could have got it from somone elses blood. I was at work and girl cut her self she still had knife in hand when I ran to help her the cut was pretty deep and my might have cut me I don't remember. Could I have gotten from this? If I did could I have made my partner positive we have had un protected sex every day for 5 years. If he is negitive what are the odds of him leaving me?

A worried soul

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
shadesofgrey
Legend

Reged: 12/02/05
Re: Question about the rapid test and how i got it new
      #230263 - 09/01/07 05:30 PM

i would thiink tha t your partner cheating on you , that you may have something to worry about, it is possible for a false postive in a rapid test, its very sensitive and somethings can throw it off, do a google search on falsee postive rapid test was it oral or fingerstick , the oral is nortorious in a few major cities they were having trouble with false positve. hope this helps.

endlsskys

Reged: 08/30/07
      #230266 - 09/01/07 06:20 PM

Well I did a google on it the said the blood one is more accurate then the oral which is what I did thursday. People that the Health center said they have never seen a test that they have done with the fingerstick method that came back as false positive so the changes are about 99.9 percent that I have HIV. Possiblity that my partner gave it to me. I don't know what to do if he comes back negitive.

shadesofgrey
Legend

Reged: 12/02/05
      #230275 - 09/01/07 08:45 PM

well i think and its only my opinion but i think you should worry about yourself, start making a gameplan so htat if you truly postive than you can have a plan on how you will deal with it and than if it is negative and you have a .4 percent chance of having a false negative how you will deal with the relationship where your lover puts both of you in jeoparody when you are staying faithful. like i said it son ly my opinion, keep you in my thoughts abnd praryers. shades

AIDS2HIV
Legend

Reged: 12/19/05
      #230281 - 09/01/07 11:27 PM

actually its not the test itself that is inaccurate, its the human administering the test, and more so than not, its someone not familiar with the test itself....those tests depending on the test, have a precise time, to be pulled and checked....anything before or after can throw the result off...again human error......however, you will know for sure when the western blot comes back.

--------------------
Thinking about meeting someone from this site? Read my profile before you do.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1879

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3