Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
endlsskys

Reged: 08/30/07
Question about the rapid test and how i got it
      #230259 - 09/01/07 04:02 PM

I went in on thursday and got a rapid test done they said that I was HIV positive but needed to do a conferm test. So I am waiting on that so two weeks. My partner knows and is a little worried he might have given to me because he has cheated on me. He also states that he always used protection. If he is negitive and I have not cheated on him is possilbe I could have got it from somone elses blood. I was at work and girl cut her self she still had knife in hand when I ran to help her the cut was pretty deep and my might have cut me I don't remember. Could I have gotten from this? If I did could I have made my partner positive we have had un protected sex every day for 5 years. If he is negitive what are the odds of him leaving me?

A worried soul

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
shadesofgrey
Legend

Reged: 12/02/05
Re: Question about the rapid test and how i got it new
      #230263 - 09/01/07 05:30 PM

i would thiink tha t your partner cheating on you , that you may have something to worry about, it is possible for a false postive in a rapid test, its very sensitive and somethings can throw it off, do a google search on falsee postive rapid test was it oral or fingerstick , the oral is nortorious in a few major cities they were having trouble with false positve. hope this helps.

endlsskys

Reged: 08/30/07
      #230266 - 09/01/07 06:20 PM

Well I did a google on it the said the blood one is more accurate then the oral which is what I did thursday. People that the Health center said they have never seen a test that they have done with the fingerstick method that came back as false positive so the changes are about 99.9 percent that I have HIV. Possiblity that my partner gave it to me. I don't know what to do if he comes back negitive.

shadesofgrey
Legend

Reged: 12/02/05
      #230275 - 09/01/07 08:45 PM

well i think and its only my opinion but i think you should worry about yourself, start making a gameplan so htat if you truly postive than you can have a plan on how you will deal with it and than if it is negative and you have a .4 percent chance of having a false negative how you will deal with the relationship where your lover puts both of you in jeoparody when you are staying faithful. like i said it son ly my opinion, keep you in my thoughts abnd praryers. shades

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2050

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3