Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
squanderer

Reged: 08/16/07
Never realized :-(
      #230084 - 08/28/07 05:36 PM

Just one tiny drop of vaginal fluid, can have 1000s of HIV virus, I didn't know. All you need to do is get one drop down your urethra or enter a tiny open wound and you have HIV. I am educated but was not educated enough. I always understood that you had to come into significant amounts of bodily fluid, or an open wound. I never read that it was easier to get HIV after having an STD, like clamidia, syphilis, or NSU, until the last month or so. I believe that the risks of contacting HIV through sexual activity are under estimated, ... I see them quoting risks such as 1 in 5000 or 1 in 10000. I am not sure how they derive these numbers, but I think it is reckless to use them as you can be unlucky and get HIV from one broken condom.

I thought I was so careful. I wish I knew then what I know now.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
chrisbadmushroom
Guardian

Reged: 05/24/07
Re: Never realized :-( new
      #230090 - 08/28/07 05:55 PM

dude dude dude why would you post stuff like that they (meaning scientist and hiv doctors) state those odds after intense research don't you think that if they where false after 20 or so years of research someone would have disputed it by now what about people who have been exposed but never seroconvert . since this is your opinion that hiv is much easier to acquire i suppose you have your own peer reviewed research to back it up or are you just trying to fuel the worried well

Jackie__Blue
Legend

Reged: 01/20/07
I dare you..... new
      #230098 - 08/28/07 07:35 PM

to actually get a test.

You said back in 'Quandry about HIV'

'
Hi, I haven't been diagnosed but have enough symptoms to feel fairly confident I have it. Shingles, Psoriasis 3 kinds, seborrheic Dermatitis..... I haven't been tested ....
One strange thing though is that over the last 8 years I haven't got a cold. '

EIGHT YEARS!?????!! 8 YEARS???!!!

I like many on here live with HIV. We KNOW we have it from getting postive test results. We don't play in a drama of the 'what if', which is what you are doing unless you KNOW FOR A FACT YOU ARE HIV POSTIVE, which you don't because you don't have the balls to test.

Quit whinning and get tested.

Either you will be HIV positive and can then deal with it intelligently and perhaps stop the decimation of your immune system from EIGHT years of neglect....

or you will be HIV negative and can feel like a fool for putting your life on hold for so long.

Yeah, Squanderer is a good name for you. Seems you've squandered a lot of time you can't get back.

uglyduck
Grand Master

Reged: 08/21/07
Loc: Dominican Republic
      #230101 - 08/28/07 07:50 PM

MAn... dont say that shit... all the worried-wells are going through a difficult time... and now you come with this thing... come on man!!! dont do that...

I couldnt agree more with the people in this forum. why dont you just go and get tested... as for me, weird things are crossing my mind now.... I think I'll come back pretty f*** up after this experience... I feel like I will have to test myself at 6 months, 9 months, 12 months, and 15 months.....and even more...

chrisbadmushroom
Guardian

Reged: 05/24/07
Re: I dare you..... new
      #230102 - 08/28/07 07:52 PM

GO ANON ONE!!!!! finally some common sense I was wondering when you where going to chime in and take care of this :) letemhaveit

Jackie__Blue
Legend

Reged: 01/20/07
      #230104 - 08/28/07 07:58 PM

[quote]I feel like I will have to test myself at 6 months, 9 months, 12 months, and 15 months.....and even more... [/quote]

If you seriously feel that way....avoid the rush and get thee into counseling today.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2547

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3