Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
123scared
New User

Reged: 08/17/07
fingering
      #229560 - 08/17/07 08:51 AM

4 weeks ago i had a fingering (vaginal) experience and in the last 10 days i have experienced a severe case of dry mouth that is worsening. No other symptoms to speak of but my girlfriend has also now developed headache and flu symptoms. I had read that fingering was almost a nil risk so thought I was ok but I have never experienced this severe of a symptom before. I do not want to run out and get tested at evrey sign of illness but this seems unusual. Any ideas?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
123scared
New User

Re: fingering new
      #229561 - 08/17/07 09:06 AM

I checked the CDC web site and it does not say that fingering is safe. A vancouver AIDS site says that there has never been a documented case of transmission through fingering. Others say different things. Hopefully a good answer comes here.

Florida69
Veteran

Reged: 02/19/07
      #229567 - 08/17/07 09:43 AM

What was the person's status you were fingering? Did you have open wounds on the finger that you used? In twenty-five years of this pandemic not one single solitary case has been proven to be the cause of fingering. With that said you're worried for no reason, but if you continue to worry test at three months, which I am sure will be negative. If this type of incident is going to cause you stress and you must finger wear a surgical glove, you know the saying no glove no love. If you read the archives, or ask the experts you will see that this issue has been debated time and time again. Protect yourself wear a condom. D

ItsAllGood
New User

#229568 - 08/17/07 09:51 AM

Are you kidding? Of course you didn't contract HIV. A hangnail is not an open sore, you would have to have a bleeding gash, A cut after 15 minutes is basically covered. You have no risk, go enjoy life! If you continue to dwell on this you probably have anxiety and should address that instead.
-Itsallgood

123scared
New User

#229827 - 08/24/07 01:13 AM

well, thanks for the positive ideas. after reading them i did a little more research. I went back in my own history and I realized i had 3 such vaginal fingering combined with receiving oral sex experiences in the last year or so. Never was concerned about either situation. BUT my mouth has gotten worse. not sure if its thrush or dry mouth. The "experts" all have differing ideas about all this stuff and it seems maybe fingering is something to avoid altogether. Needless to say i am now very worried as most science agrees that oral manifestations are first to occur. So do I go with symptoms or probability of not getting HIV from fingering? I know I've had no other exposures of any kind but it seems that the confusion just increases. If I've been wrong and that may have put others at risk and that wears on me even more.

Jackie__Blue
Veteran

Reged: 01/20/07
      #229868 - 08/24/07 09:58 PM

The CDC recommends that people get tested yearly as part of their physicals. Instead of worrying over symptoms, just get a test. You should have one anyway. Every one should KNOW, not guess at their status and a testing is the ONLY way to do that.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2952

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3