Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
chrisbadmushroom
Guardian

Reged: 05/24/07
holly crap batman
      #229540 - 08/16/07 07:49 PM

Dear doctor, I just seroconverted after 30 months since exposure. YES, 30 MONTHS. During this period my viral load was always undetectable, I had a negative DNA PCR, a negative culture for HIV-1, but I always felt sick and my lymph nodes were always enlarged and painful and my spleen was also enlarged. The exposure was early in 1998 and I had ARS six weeks later, chronic diarrhea for five months in 1999, shingles in October of 1990 and E.coli infection in February of 2000. My t-cells dropped initially from 1100 to 600 at three months from infection and then slowly crept back up to 1300. Then, I had the shingles and since that time my t-cells dropped to 800 although I maintained an undetectable VL. My theory is that initially I had a very strong cellular response but the virus remained in resting cells which were then reactivated by the shingles. Do you have any ideas as to why it took so long?? Is it a good or a bad sign that I took so long to seroconvert?? I want to start medication because my immune system feels overtaxed (the lymph nodes in my groin are very large and painful). My doctor says they are helping me but he has not gone through the continuous pain!!..and my t-cells are dropping.

Would you treat?? I hope I do not scare everybody/Regards.

this is the kind of stuff that makes the worried well, well worried

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Survivor
Legend

Reged: 10/30/05
Loc: Get off the fence and live again!
Re: holly crap batman new
      #229541 - 08/16/07 08:04 PM

So Batman, you have confirmatory hiv positive diagnosis right?

chrisbadmushroom
Guardian

#229542 - 08/16/07 08:08 PM

not me yet, found this in the archives
http://www.thebody.com/Forums/AIDS/Labs/Archive/Treatment/Q8096.html but i am going through some pretty scary crap myself

Survivor
Legend

#229544 - 08/16/07 08:34 PM

I wont get into any debate with you. I know you are trying to find yourself in all this muck.. But I feel the muck you dig up is doing more harm than good. You beleive everything that someone writes on the internet even in Ask the Experts to be reliable and true?? Keep reading, I think you will find alot of odities that do not add up. Did you notice how much time that doctor spent replying to the post?? Not much... If he truly beleived the story, would he have not been more tactful in his reply?? I think some of the worst time spent on the net is validating a invalid potential hiv diagnosis....

Just sayin and best wishes in your search for truth...

Eric

chrisbadmushroom
Guardian

#229545 - 08/16/07 08:50 PM

i am going to go get my last test ever and put this behind me once and for all (any suggestions on a type of test to be sure once and for all) i started freakin out again got head cold and glands in neck are all swollen along with all the other crap remember i tested out to like 15 months this will be my 20 month mark like 8 antibody 2 viral load and a nat at one year i know it is excessive but i have allot of symptoms and even my ID doc is wondering

Survivor
Legend

#229546 - 08/16/07 08:58 PM

WB always worked well for me... Got me my pink slip.. :)

Best,

Eric

Florida69
Legend

Reged: 02/19/07
      #229563 - 08/17/07 09:21 AM

Chris I am so glad that you are going to put this behind you. By the way, science tells us that 800 CD4 is like really really great even for a person without HIV. The normal range is 500-800. Good luck. D

sadface
Legend

Reged: 02/15/06
      #229572 - 08/17/07 10:10 AM

Go hon and get it over with. I know you are worried and confused at this point. Start living your life sweetie!!
Sf

shadesofgrey
Legend

Reged: 12/02/05
      #229578 - 08/17/07 01:37 PM

chiris i read this post and it has a ring of someone trying to worry people. there is a typo where he mentions 1990 and that could happen when writing a story, also there would be something in the journals and on the net (legit websites) of someone seroconverting at 30 months. i also am trying to put this crap behind me, got my 6 month test and it was neg, my shrink told me i am not allowed to take another hiv test as it is just giving into my obsession. you must do something i know to get to the bottom of your symptoms. with all the strange viruses out there who knows, also isnt there something called ICL where its not aids related. let us know how the test is. also his last line i dont want to scare anyone just didnt sound like someone who is just had an hiv diagnosis , i dont think you would think that way if you had a serious health issue you were writing about. mikael

Jackie__Blue
Legend

Reged: 01/20/07
      #229866 - 08/24/07 09:53 PM

At the risk of getting Florida Boy's panties in a wad....was there some valid reason you felt the need to once again start another thread on this topic??

http://www.thebody.com/cgi-bin/bbs/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=infected&Number=227331&Forum=infected&Words=after%2030%20months&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=3months&Main=227257&Search=true#Post227331

http://www.thebody.com/cgi-bin/bbs/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=infected&Number=228084&Forum=infected&Words=after%2030%20months&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=3months&Main=228065&Search=true#Post228084

http://www.thebody.com/cgi-bin/bbs/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=infected&Number=228085&Forum=infected&Words=after%2030%20months&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=3months&Main=228085&Search=true#Post228085

Florida69
Legend

Reged: 02/19/07
      #230393 - 09/04/07 03:44 PM

hmmmmmmmmmmm, I don't wear panties, but I do wear boxer briefs some days other days tighty whiteys. However, this would be one of those very few occassions again where I would have agreed with you, but I guess that comes from being full of yourself and suffering from that paranoid behavior. Since obviously the spiteful banter is not working, why don't you try something else like being amiable. I would be willing to entertain the idea, but I have said this to you over and over again, I will not allow you talk down to me, because you are no better than anyone else here. Good luck. D

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3474

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3