Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
chrisbadmushroom
Guardian

Reged: 05/24/07
some one please help
      #227257 - 05/24/07 07:11 PM

Ok its like this about 18 months ago i got real sick (could not get out of bed sick) I even had to sell my business. I had sever fatigue, oral thrush, new moles and freckles, lost about 10 lbs, night sweats,fungal rash, periodontal cavities, white sores on side of tung,sores in mouth,and on top of head, went to doctors they suggested i get an hiv test so i did results where neg. after about a month to month and a half i felt somewhat better nut still had oral thrush that would not respond to treatment (even I.V. treatment)
when i received my labs i had a high white cell count that was about it. i have had every test known to man borderline diabetic
over the last 15 months i have had about 8 antibody test 2 viral load test ( one at about 7 months and one about 15 months) and a (NAT) test at about a year all of which are neg. I still have the oral thrush and have been gaining weight over the last year (which i know is not a sign of hiv) but none of the doctors seem to have a clue I have tested for hep,Lyme,autoimmune, hiv, ebstienbar, and lupus. my cd4s where 1560 at 6 months and 1530 at about a year.
I have been told repeatedly that this is not hiv but what is it then.
oh i have reoccurring middle ear infections to yea. My children and wife a affected to wife got hpv so bad in 1 years time required surgery to remove (bad surgery cut her up BAD) and my 2 year old is slow to develop small for age has reoccurring ear infections sick allot , and 8 month old is same 2 year old got hiv tests at 7 months and 1 year (antibody only) wife got a couple hiv tests too
I am so freaked out If anybody knows any thing this could be please help

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Cobal
Master

Reged: 07/23/06
Re: some one please help new
      #227269 - 05/25/07 10:07 AM

Chris,
I'm in the same situation as you are. Testing negative at 13 months by antibody and bDNA viral load test. Symptoms are also the same. Like you I believe them to be viral related. Its very VEry Very unlikely that with all the testing that you and your family have been through for HIV to be the cause. So right up front you can rule that one out. You will find that Doctors have don't do very well identfying virus infection beyond the common garden type.

chrisbadmushroom
Guardian

#227284 - 05/26/07 12:11 PM

have you thought of any possibilities hhv6 or mycoplasmas i have looked up a million things the only thing that really relates all the symptoms is CFIDS but my fatigue did not last for 6 months maybe a little but not like the first two months i really could not get out of bed except to go to the bathroom and CFIDS is not supposed to be contagious have you any thoughts

chrisbadmushroom
Guardian

#227316 - 05/27/07 05:21 PM

come on guys any ideas

AIDS2HIV
Legend

Reged: 12/19/05
      #227321 - 05/28/07 12:50 AM

chronic anxiety, chronic fear, chronic depression......it all equals the same thing: chronic fatigue.

You will worry yourself and those around into the same symptoms for months even years, but won't seek mental haelth care to rule that out as the culprit for a few months?.....theres your sign*

--------------------
Thinking about meeting someone from this site? Read my profile before you do.

chrisbadmushroom
Guardian

#227322 - 05/28/07 11:07 AM

yea thanks for your wonderful insite, that gotta be it i'm just a nut case. just so you know i am not one of those people who started reading about AIDS and just started having symptoms. I was happy healthy owned own business (which i built from the ground up) I got sick had and still have symptoms no one can explain docs suggested I should start testing so that is what I have done still no explanation I have opportunistic infections low testosterone vitamin b12 deficiency's these things are not caused by stress thanks for that though

Jackie__Blue
Legend

Reged: 01/20/07
      #227323 - 05/28/07 11:27 AM

...and you wondered why no one bothered with you?

Whatever your issues, they have nothing to do with HIV.

chrisbadmushroom
Guardian

#227328 - 05/28/07 01:27 PM

look i don't want to come off as being a jerk i am not i am however very scared for my family i do have a number of specific symptoms like oral thrush that are immune related and they are getting worse at least you have an answer for your condition and a treatment program i have none of that so i am sorry

AIDS2HIV
Legend

#227330 - 05/28/07 02:57 PM

have you yourself been tested HPV? since your wife has it,especially as bad as you described, you very well could have it too. Women arent the only ones who get HPV. There's over 100 types of HPV, also HPV not only can lead to cervical cancer, but many other types of cancer as well....

Your problem ISNT HIV/AIDS* ...get off the internet and check all the other possibilities.

--------------------

chrisbadmushroom
Guardian

#227331 - 05/28/07 03:06 PM

look i don't mean to freak out i would believe it was not HIV but then i go into the archives and find stuff like this

http://www.thebody.com/Forums/AIDS/Labs/Archive/Treatment/Q8096.html

delayed seroconversion
Aug 23, 2000

Dear doctor, I just seroconverted after 30 months since exposure. YES, 30 MONTHS. During this period my viral load was always undetectable, I had a negative DNA PCR, a negative culture for HIV-1, but I always felt sick and my lymph nodes were always enlarged and painful and my spleen was also enlarged. The exposure was early in 1998 and I had ARS six weeks later, chronic diarrhea for five months in 1999, shingles in October of 1990 and E.coli infection in February of 2000. My t-cells dropped initially from 1100 to 600 at three months from infection and then slowly crept back up to 1300. Then, I had the shingles and since that time my t-cells dropped to 800 although I maintained an undetectable VL. My theory is that initially I had a very strong cellular response but the virus remained in resting cells which were then reactivated by the shingles. Do you have any ideas as to why it took so long?? Is it a good or a bad sign that I took so long to seroconvert?? I want to start medication because my immune system feels overtaxed (the lymph nodes in my groin are very large and painful). My doctor says they are helping me but he has not gone through the continuous pain!!..and my t-cells are dropping.

Would you treat?? I hope I do not scare everybody/Regards.

Response from Dr. Holodniy

No idea about the seroconversion length of time or prognosis. Many doctors at this point would be hard pressed to start treatment in you given your very high CD4 count and undetectable viral load.

MH

AIDS2HIV
Legend

#227333 - 05/28/07 04:33 PM

" Aug 23, 2000 "

chris, this is what I mean, you ARE LOOKING for justification that you have HIV when you DONT....as for the archive, let me explain how these come about.......back in the 80's when no one, even doctors, knew NOTHING about HIV, they guessed, and yes many were far fetched......being the internet, much of the outdated stuff can still be drug up.....the particular archive you posted was some other Worry Well doing the same back in Aug of 2000, as you are today in May of 2007.........hashing up something that science and medicinal technology has since, proven WRONG!!!!

go ahead and mentally torture yourself over it, it's yourself and your family that will pay for it.......no one else*

--------------------

AIDS2HIV
Legend

#227334 - 05/28/07 04:35 PM

<<<see my avatar?...this is EXACTLY what YOU are doing........beating a deadhorse*

--------------------

Jackie__Blue
Legend

Reged: 01/20/07
      #227336 - 05/28/07 04:47 PM

Have you wasted the entire holiday weekend digging up old stuff just to scare yourself with? Do a search on 30 months and you will see a few threads about this guy and his hoax.

Here's one:

http://www.thebody.com/cgi-bin/bbs/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=infected
&Number=15495&Forum=All_Forums&Words=30%20months&Match=Entire
%20Phrase&Searchpage=1&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=15495&Search
=true#Post15495

Edited by Anon_One (05/28/07 04:50 PM)

chrisbadmushroom
Guardian

#227420 - 05/30/07 06:34 PM

well thanks guys i guess i have an answer I guess i have sever chronic active EBV with i guess does deplete your immune system and causes many cancers, opportunistic infections, and even death (not looking real good for me) i have pretty bad numbers plus their is no treatment great well hope you all are well thanks for your input

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4333

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3