Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
jambo

Reged: 04/08/06
oil a cause to worry?
      #226953 - 05/06/07 01:56 AM

hi guys, i would appreciate your response on something thats eatin me up.

yesterday i had an exposure with condom, but i completely forgot that the person had been applying hair oil on my penis before we proceedd for vaginal sex. i did not see the condom break when we finished. now, some docs on the forum say that oil can cause small holes not visible to the eye which will let hiv pass. dr bob says if the condom doesnt break it does not matter how much oil was used.

i am confused and also very scared. should i start pep or not? i will talk to a doc but any reponse is much appreciated.

jambo

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Jackie__Blue
Veteran

Reged: 01/20/07
Re: oil a cause to worry? new
      #226954 - 05/06/07 07:13 AM

Please link to the responses from reputable doctors on the forum that say oil causes holes in condoms. The issue with oil is that it can break down the latex in the condom thus causing it to BREAK. It didn't break. You have no problem.

Also -
You said 'yesterday i had an exposure with condom...'

Most people call that sex.

You have been posting for over a year. You have been worried about getting HIV from towels. Licking nipples. Kissing. Fingering and Mutual Masterbation.

You see sex as exposures. Which isn't surprising since your issues with HIV seem to stem from cheating and the guilt that follows. You need to address the emotional and mental issues you have about sex. Until then you would probably be doing yourself a big favor if you just pass on the sex and any foreplay...even kissing.

jambo

Reged: 04/08/06
Re: oil a cause to worry? new
      #226957 - 05/06/07 09:00 AM

well thanks anon, i know you are right, it is more of a mental issue, i understand it, but only after making a mistake.

for the moment i will take your reply in a pos spirit and try to move ahead with my issues...

there is some confusion on doctors responses on the oil issue, and i was trying to understand that better. dr ryan says small holes which are not visible can be created from which hiv can pass. dr bob says no problem unless you see the condom actually break. isnt this two different views?

jambo

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1990

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3