Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Observation for those in the window period
      #22648 - 09/22/01 06:12 PM

As someone who has been there and was sure he was positive, only to turn out negative on multiple tests. I can say that in the two years watching this board I have yet to see anyone write back that they tested positive. Thus try and stay calm and get the tests behind you.

Best to all,



Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
exWorryWart
Unregistered

Re: Observation for those in the window period new
      #22658 - 09/22/01 10:08 PM

I want to comment on that. I think we never hear back from people reporting that they are HIV positive because 1) the kind of people on here who are using this form, are very very conscientious people who normally do everything they can to keep safe, and 2) I think if they did test positive, they wouldn't report it in the fear of scaring people on here. Maybe they wouldn't want to undermine the encouragement and good work that people are doing on here with a scary report.

I don't know, I just hope that it's a lot of case #1 on here. Perhaps more positive reports come on the other forums on here?

exWorryWart



Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Observation for those in the window period new
      #22664 - 09/22/01 11:23 PM

I disagree .... I think if anyone that has posted on this forum ever tested positive, he/she would inform us simply to let us know that a one time episode with a partner of unknown status (which make up probably 95% of the posters) can indeed happen. Statistically speaking, this all adds up ..... almost everyone on this forum is VERY conscientious (even though they may think they're reckless), and with the risks described on this forum, the liklihood of anyone testing pos. s VERY low.



Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
FallGuy
Unregistered

Re: Observation for those in the window period new
      #22672 - 09/23/01 05:17 AM

Yes, with the support that has been given for so long by everyone, if (God forbid) anyone here had tested positive, that person would have posted. So many people with all kinds of symptoms have tested negative and have posted their results here. I'm not saying they are lucky. Most of them have low or zero exposure and were never infected. Even a few people who had a one time unprotected sex with a hiv positive partner have tested negative. These people are indeed lucky and should not play Russian roulette in future. Although there is only one in five hundred chance of being infected with a one time exposure to a hiv positive person, one shouldn't take the chances. I would say 90% of the people posting here have nothing to worry about. The trouble is, everyone including me thinks that they are in the remaining 10%.



Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Observation for those in the window period new
      #22680 - 09/23/01 01:17 PM

But to be a bit more clear ....90% of people on here have nothing to worry about EVEN if they were with someone who was HIV+ (simply because their act involved no risk). Now, out of the remaining 10% that had actual unprotected intercourse ..... probably 9.9% of these were not with an infected partner. And for the remaining .1% (1 out of one thousand) of people on here who may have had unprotected sex with an infected partner ..... the majority of those were one time episodes in which NO infection took place. Remember, it is only for every .1% of posters that the "one chance in 500 episodes with an infected partner" rule even applies. Once again, if you do the math on this, it is no surprise that NO ONE ever tests positive on here. However, believe me, I know the fear is REAL ..... when you're experiencing the fear, it is indeed HELL!



Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1


What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1284

 
Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

*
UBB.threads™ 6.2.3