Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
kindahypertonic

Reged: 04/07/07
Scared and Worried: Possible HIV Exposure
      #226466 - 04/07/07 08:39 PM

Hey everyone,

I had an unprotected sexual experience February 2, 2007. The morning after having received and given a blowjob (I did not swallow nor did he) as well as a single unprotected anal insertion [i received]- no sex, as in no continous intercourse, only having been inserted once and he pulled out, I was very tired and was sensitive to being outside in the sun. Two days afterwards, I had a soar throat and became sick. I had two canker sores on my tongue as well. After another three days, I healed and was back on my feet.

Is this a sign of having been infected by HIV? I have not been sick since, had any canker sores, etc. However, the last time I had been with him, I got sick as well. And a sexual encounter before him as well (different guy) I had gotten a sore throat. Is it just that I'm very sensitive? Or is this a sign that I am infected? I have not been sick since the recounted encounter. I'm going to get tested May 3 (in respecting the three month afterwards rule of thumb).

Should I be worried?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Jackie__Blue
Legend

Reged: 01/20/07
Re: Scared and Worried: Possible HIV Exposure new
      #226467 - 04/07/07 09:15 PM

Well. While you can't really say that your experiences were no risk, they certainly weren't high risk. There are confirmed cases of transmission from giving blow jobs, but they do involve ejacualation in the mouth. While 'dipping' (short insertation in the anus) is not a high risk, there is a risk. You are at 8 weeks. Most people that are infected will have already tested postive by 8 weeks, 6 weeks being when the majority of people that are actually postive test postive.

Get a test now. If it's negative, then you really don't have to worry about what you test result at 13 weeks will be. If you are negative now, odds are you are going to remain negative.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2665

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3