Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
kellsbells
New User

Reged: 03/22/07
Manicurist bled on me
      #226176 - 03/22/07 07:14 PM

Hello,
This just happened to me today and I'm extremely freaked out. I don't know what to do. I got a manicure today and at the very end when the woman was massaging lotion onto my hands, I saw a wet spot on my hand that was red. But she was rubbing the lotion in so it got rubbed away. Then I saw another red spot on my hand and when I went to pay her, I noticed blood all over the towel that had been under my hands during the manicure. I assumed it was my blood so I apologized for getting it on her towel. She said "no, that's not from you, I cut myself." So she got her blood on me while rubbing in the lotion, and of course I have a paper cut. It's not too deep of a cut but I had only done it a little while prior to the manicure. I am not sure if she got blood on my paper cut or not. As far as I can tell the rest of my skin on my hands is intact, including where she got the blood on me. How much of a risk is this and do I need PEP? I'm really scared.

-KB

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
debtex
Veteran

Reged: 03/21/05
Re: Manicurist bled on me new
      #226183 - 03/23/07 09:17 AM

No, you do not need PEP. I know it sounds like a scary situation coming across anyones blood, but this is not a true risk.
You are fine and I wouldn't worry about this as a risk for hiv.

be well,
debbie

kellsbells
New User

Reged: 03/22/07
Re: Manicurist bled on me new
      #226195 - 03/23/07 06:22 PM

thank you for responding debbie. i'm curious why you think this isn't a risk. her blood most likely got into my papercut...i don't know how to stop freaking out. i feel like i have to wait 3 months now to see if i got hepatitis or worse. i didn't even say anything to the woman i kind of just paid and ran out of the place. i probably should have said something, maybe i'd feel better now.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1923

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3