Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
brokenwing

Reged: 01/09/07
possible NAAT result?
      #223938 - 01/29/07 05:31 PM

from reading of posts i realized that i have also put myself at risk by doing unprotected insertive anal at the bathhouse on the same day that i fingered an ass. i was so scared witless and so focused on the small cut on my finger when i got sick after 2 weeks (cough, mild fever, sore throat that got severe on the 7th and 8th day that i already had to seek emergency treatment) to realize it at that time when i first posted a message. thirty-four (34) days after possible exposure, i took a Nucleic Acid Amplification Test (NAAT) that detects the virus as early as 3-4 weeks after infection. a 20-min oraquick oral test (for antibody) that i took forty (40) days after possible exposure was negative. can anyone please share any knowledge on the possible result of my NAAT test? i'll get the result on thursday evening, february 1. needless to say that i'm trying sooo hard to be sane as i often find myself crying. thank you very much.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
shayshay

Reged: 01/28/07
Re: possible NAAT result? new
      #223940 - 01/29/07 09:51 PM

I took the NAAt test at the LAGaycenter, it was neg. A lot of people are staring to say if you have a test at 6-weeks and it's neg it's a good indication of what your 3-months test will be. The clinic in HollyWood says the NAAT, is conclusive after 3-4 weeks. I know what you are going thru did they say any thing to you at the clinic about a neg 40 day test? I took a test at 60 days at the LAgay center and the counslor told me i was fine and didn't need to come back and check my NAAt, but i did anyway. Anyways most people like at the Mass Health Department say that 6-weeks is conclusive i called them the other day and www.medhelp.com.Peace.

brokenwing

Reged: 01/09/07
Re: possible NAAT result? new
      #223965 - 01/30/07 10:04 PM

hi, thank you so much for your feedback. you won't believe how much you've given me hope and lessen my despair. how i deeply hope that you'll prove right, that my 40-day negative result would remain so. i can't remember accurately what the counselor told me about the negative oraquick result 'coz my mind was so loaded. i think he told me something like i'm in the 90% of being negative, probably only to lighten my spirit. again, thanks for your very encouraging feedback. bless you for your kindheartedness to help.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2015

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3