Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
macflyer53

Reged: 01/27/07
Need Expert Advise Please!!
      #223893 - 01/27/07 10:17 AM

I had sex with a women of (unknown status) I'm a 53/m Three weeks after developed canker soars, fever, loose stools, lost 12 lbs, nite sweats , thrush,and numbness in hands and feet. had a six week Elisa negative, PCR 50 copies 9 wks, negative, and 13 weeks quick blood draw Elisa negative. I still have numbness every day and tingling and losse stools ever other day. Could I be infected and the test didn't pic it up? Please help !!!!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
spiderman

Reged: 07/06/06
Loc: California
Re: Need Expert Advise Please!! new
      #223896 - 01/27/07 04:15 PM

I am not a expert but I do know that you have tested beyond a reasonable doubt for HIV. I think you could be having some of those symptoms due to stress and anxiety. I would see a doctor and get his opinion and have him run some tests. Good Luck.

--------------------
A 12/13 Week Elisa Test is Beyond a Reasonable Doubt.

macflyer53

#223897 - 01/27/07 05:41 PM

Thanks, it's been over 4 months now..since possible exposure have numbness at night and during the day.. Right foot goes numb and experience muscle weakness.. You feel pretty confident i'am HIV negative?

scared83

Reged: 01/24/07
      #223901 - 01/27/07 11:52 PM

Mac, it's great that you've tested negative so far. Your "symptoms" may be nothing at all. All of those can definitely be due to stress & nerves. The mind is powerful and can be deceitful. Once your brain has the idea of HIV in it, and you've read the possible symptoms, it will create those symptoms through stress. Being at 4 months, you may want to get tested again. People can seroconvert up to 1 year (unlikely). 4-6 weeks is about 99.9% correct. 3 Months is the benchmark these days and 6 months is the safebet. If you're negative at 6 months, get on with your life.

macflyer53

#223903 - 01/28/07 06:17 AM

Thanks you, I tested negative at 90 days and had a PCR 50 copies Negative at 9 weeks.. Do you really think I need tested again? Even though these came back negative? I'm still having loose stools at times and numbness and tingling? Thank you

Jackie__Blue
Legend

Reged: 01/20/07
      #223909 - 01/28/07 09:57 AM

You absolutely do NOT need to test any further. Your testing history shows without a doubt that you are HIV-.

While the PCR shouldn't be used for diagnosis because of it's history of false postives (it's extremely sensitive), the fact you have a negative at 9 weeks means there is NO virus in your body. If by 9 weeks you had been infected you would have had a viral load reading in the 1000's. You had no viral load.

Even without the added PCR you have a very conclusive test at 90 days. You're home free.

I know you are thinking that the numbness you are encountering is from the imfamous PN. It isn't. For starters it's caused more often by medication side effects. Sometimes in late stages of HIV disease it will show up. It also isn't really a matter of numbness, tho it does occur in the begining. From hearing about it with people that live with it, it's extremely painful and prevents many from even being able to walk very far.

Loose stools? Certainly not a sign of HIV. Unless you have expolsive diarrehea, you can just be thankful that you're body is keeping your colon cleaned out by making it easier to past waste.

You are done with HIV. You don't have it. If you are still having health issues. Get thee to the doctor and find out why. At least HIV can be crossed off your list of possible causes.

macflyer53

#223920 - 01/28/07 02:59 PM

Thank you for your reply. It's been such a rough time. The numbness in my right foot comes and goes.. mainly comes lately. I thought I'd had enough testing for HIV. But it's been so much. Thanks again!

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2260

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3