Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

AM I CRAZY OR AM I REALISTIC?? PLEASE READ
      #223635 - 01/23/07 11:48 AM

first, thank you to anyone who reads this. Okay my situation is that, I was tested about 5 months ago for HIV and my status was negative! During that time, I have been with my boyfriend of over a year who is also negative. But...about 6 weeks ago, I made a mistake and hooked up with a friend of mine. Before we hooked up, we had talked about HIV and he recently had testing for HIV and all other std's. I saw his actual lab results and his status was also negative. So, the next night, not planned, we had unprotected vaginal sex for about five minutes......where there was little pre-cum. Then we stopped and I gave him oral sex where I swallowed the cum. I knew my status before, and so did he, but now.....I am panicing and worrying my mind to death. Do I really have a reason to worry or do I just have a chornic worrying problem. I can't tell if I have anxiety of HIV or if this is really a voice in my head saying that I am at serious risk?? please give me some insight on my situation. Please. I really appreciate it. Thank you

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: AM I CRAZY OR AM I REALISTIC?? PLEASE READ new
      #223641 - 01/23/07 12:08 PM

It's highly unlikely that your partner would have HIV if he has tested recently...

BUT

Unless two people go and test together 3 months after any type of exposure, you really can't know what a person's status is. He may have been negative when he tested, but you have no idea what risks he may have had after that negative test.

Get tested and make it a habit to use condoms all the time.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: AM I CRAZY OR AM I REALISTIC?? PLEASE READ new
      #223758 - 01/24/07 01:50 AM

you can't count odds. but if you want to try to get some sort of scenerio for the risk you are at, I suggest going to the CDC (center for disease control) websight. i think you'll feel much better after seeing that information. You are in a low risk group (heterosexual,vaginal intercourse, etc...) take a look at the websight and read the studies and stats available.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1033

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3