Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
johon
Unregistered

Urgent!!! hangnails
      #22115 - 09/09/01 09:42 AM

What is the risk for HIV, After fingering, I noticed an area on one of my fingers that had hangnais. It was not bleeding, but had peeled the top layer of skin. Raw meat was exposed. Will my wound be an open cut?
Are there any reports about the risk of hangnail and fingering for HIV. Please refer to me.

Best Regards

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
JO1
Unregistered

Re: Urgent!!! hangnails new
      #22117 - 09/09/01 10:06 AM

There only a theoritcal risk from getting HIV from fingering. You would have to have an open wound and bleeding has to be involved to get HIV this way. Broken skin dosent count. I remember reading this in a question for the experts,I think it was to Mr.Kull, anyways he said it is extremely unlikely to get HIV this way. How long ago did this happen might I ask?

Anonymous
Unregistered

#22118 - 09/09/01 10:42 AM

If raw meat (as you call it) is exposed, that means that you are bleeding profusely. Your chance of HIV = zero.

johon
Unregistered

#22176 - 09/10/01 09:29 AM

JO1
I am 22. Five weeks ago, My friends and I went to a sex club. I fingered her( sex worker) with this finger with hangnail ( the skin is teared and it was reddish). I remember the events just like it was yesterday. I never consider that would be so serious. I stared to become scared every day.... isosomnia, depressed, sometimes heart-beating quickly..... I find that AIDS isn't
only illness. It make me feel guilty and fear. Even worst, our culture discriminate HIV+ people very much. People don't treat them to be patients. People will sympathize patients with cancer but not for HIV+ !

I have seem a psy. doctor. He didn't support me to
take the blood test! He told me... the best way is... "forget it" treat me as usual. He said..."somethings you don't know better than you know"! But It make me more worry! What should I do?

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5460

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3