Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Window period in eastern europe
      #219864 - 12/25/06 06:50 PM

Folks,
Couls anyone let me know what is the window period in Eastern European countries like Romania and all. Also, does the window period vary by region depending upon the type of HIV prevalant over there.
Please answer....

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Window period in eastern europe new
      #219942 - 12/26/06 09:12 AM

Your body doesn't know if it is in Eastern Europe or China. get a 6/8 week test using the lates testing methods and be done with it.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#220082 - 12/27/06 05:18 PM

[quote]Your body doesn't know if it is in Eastern Europe or China. get a 6/8 week test using the lates testing methods and be done with it. [/quote]

I agree that the body does not know whether the exposure was in Wastern Europe or in China. But, what is bothering me is that different subtypes may be having different window periods for antibody response. I recently read that on another forum and googled on it. I found out that antibody response for subtype B is the fastest. So keeping that in mind, I searched the subtypes existing in Romania which are A, B, C and F. I wonder if any subtype has delayed antibody response which can extend window period beyond 12 weeks.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#220151 - 12/28/06 08:35 AM

Your body doesn't know what sub type it has all it knows is it has been invaded by an organizim. It will fight infection at the same rate.

You have way too much time on your hands to be that involved. If you are concerned get your test and be done with it.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1617

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3