Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Chadd
Unregistered

worried about oral sex exposure
      #2190 - 04/04/00 07:05 PM

Hello,
Someone Please Help. I'm a male who performed oral sex on this guy and was exposed to pre-cum only. Shortly after (a few days) I began to have every symptom of ARS over the next few weeks. I am worried to death that I may be infected. Can anyone tell me do they know of anyone that have been infected through oral sex with pre-cum, and no ejaculation. I need your help!!!!!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: worried about oral sex exposure new
      #2191 - 04/04/00 07:05 PM

Chadd,

I personally don't know of anyone (but that doesn't mean much). Although there are supposedly cases where people have become infected via exposure to only pre-cum, they're very rare. In general, it is rare to become infected through oral sex. It is even rarer to become infected through oral sex where the only exposure is to pre-cum. On top of that, you shouldn't be experiencing symptoms after only a few days. It would usually take 2-4 weeks or so.

So, to summarize, if it was HIV, it would be unlikely that you'd show symptoms so soon, and it would be VERY unlikley that you'd contract HIV in this manner. But, as you probably already know, if you had an exposure the only way you can find out for sure about your status is via testing. In the meantime, DON'T match your symptoms to those of HIV. You'll drive youself nuts, since many viral syndromes present with similar symptoms.

Good luck.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2297

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3