Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
NervousK
Unregistered

ARS? Please Help
      #218361 - 12/14/06 05:23 PM

Hi everyone, I was just wondering how long ARS lasts or when it starts? My ex BF and I were not having sex, but the last contact I had with him was him rubbing his penis around on my vagina, possibly it went in for less than 5 seconds, and there was no ejaculation inside. Shortly after that I found out he had been cheating on me. We broke up, decided to get tested I tested at about week 5 (all stds and HIV negative), and I was planning on getting tested again at week 15 or 16 - just in case. About week 13 I started getting nervous because I was going to test at 15 or 16. I have realllly bad anxiety and I started getting a very very mild sore throat and i was always nervous/tired - this was around week 13. Naturally this made me more nervous. So I went and tested at week 16 - negative, after I got my "Negative" result for about a week I felt awesome, no sore throat etc..Then after that I started thinking about, what if i should have waited 6 months etc? And now the sore throat is back, i'm tired all the time, I'm ache-y...is this all just anxiety or can ARS come and go? or how long does it last? I know this sounds silly, but I just don't know how to get over this, I guess its the shock of being cheated on also..someone please help.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
MiamiLat
Guardian

Reged: 12/30/05
Loc: Miami, FL
Re: ARS? Please Help new
      #218367 - 12/14/06 07:18 PM

Your exposure is not worrisome as far as HIV is concerned. Your NEG result is conclusive and there is no need to re-test since you will continue to test NEG if you repeat the test at 6 mos.
ARS usually occurs when your body is attempting to fight off the invader. During this time, antibodies are created in response to the virus. This process usually occurs within 4 weeks after exposure, with an average of 25 days. It does not "come and go".
Your "symptoms" are related to anxiety... try to relax, I know it is difficult but you must do this or you will drive yourself crazy.

--------------------
"Education, prevention, awareness, research, and support"

Anonymous
Unregistered

#218369 - 12/14/06 07:30 PM

You don't get HIV from frottage. You have never been at risk and you certainly don't need to waste more health care money after already having test results proving that you are not infected.

NervousK
Unregistered

#218503 - 12/16/06 07:35 AM

So basically I wouldn't be experiencing any of the symptoms at 4 1/2 months out?

Anonymous
Unregistered

#218517 - 12/16/06 12:21 PM

So basically you aren't infected. What's so hard to understand about that?

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1385

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3