Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Still worrying
      #218060 - 12/12/06 10:54 AM

On the one hand (!) here is the story:

1 year ago I was masturbated (by hand) in a massage parlour in Thailand. No other sexual contact. Flu-like illness at six weeks incl. night sweats. Finally got tested at 23/24 weeks (I had delayed as advice was that it couldn't be HIV) and the test was neg. So, HIV negative then – no worries, WOO-HOOing all the way home.

On the other hand here is another story:

I have had the following for 11 months now (in other words since the ‘flu-like illness'): daily unexplained diarrhoea (unaffected by what I eat), frequent pains in groin and under jaw (and face generally), sudden flashes of pain in legs, mouth lesions which come and go, sore throats, flushing in face, neck and chest (some of this flushing has left permanent darkish red patches on my skin). Apart from the diarrhoea, which starts as soon as I wake up, the other symptoms tend to build during the day from mid-morning reaching a peak in late afternoon/early evening.

My wife had a flu-like illness incl. night sweats six weeks after we had intercourse. She now has frequent sore throats, which, like mine, only appear later in the day and reach a peak early evening and are gone the next morning. She is also experiencing diarrhoea more often than before. My wife has not had an HIV test.

Part 3 (no hands left):

I thought I had put the HIV scare behind me but the way both our symptoms come and go without developing into anything e.g. in the way a ‘normal’ bad sore throat is often the precursor of a bad cold or flu, lead me to think about it again. Also because our children are well and not suffering from any of the above, it is only my wife and I.

I have read that HIV type E is the most common strain in Thailand and is spread between heterosexuals and is much more easily spread from women to men than other types:

‘Using mathematical modeling, researchers estimated that the probability of female-to-male HIV-1 transmission per sexual contact [in Thailand] was approximately 1 in 30 to 50 contacts; previous estimates for HIV-1 subtype B were estimated at 1 in 500 to 1000 contacts.’

And:

‘One recently published report suggested that this apparent enhanced heterosexual transmission of subtype E may be due to increased replication in Langerhans' cells, which are located in the vaginal mucosa and may be the cell types that first become infected during heterosexual transmission of HIV-1.[54]’

From http://www.thailandguru.com/health-hiv.html

So, could my massage lady inserted her fingers in her vagina (I did see her do this as I had my eyes closed) and transferred that Type E to me?

And, as Type E is not common in Europe could it have been missed by my test?

I want this fear to go away.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Still worrying new
      #218082 - 12/12/06 02:00 PM

Don't care if it's type E, O, M or XYZ. HIV is never transmitted by getting a hand job. You didn't get HIV.

Got health issues then let your doctor figure them out.

Or on the other hand. You might just need to get an over-active imagination channeled in a more productive manner.

oi812Help
Regular

Reged: 11/30/06
      #218244 - 12/13/06 09:23 PM

has your wife been monogomous?

Anonymous
Unregistered

#218249 - 12/13/06 09:32 PM

?????????????????????????????????????

Anonymous
Unregistered

#219141 - 12/19/06 11:05 AM

you need to learn a lot about HIV and how is transmitted you don't get HIV from a hand job

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1683

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3