Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
The Same Boat
Unregistered

Yo Guys...Hollow Man Anyone!!
      #21742 - 09/01/01 02:05 AM

Guys.....I am losing my freaking mind.....OK my exposure is this.....Oral sex with a sex worker, then vaginal for like three thrusts, then oral again...All PROTECTED.....and I haven't had any real symptoms....but this CDC nut job told me, I at a very high risk....C'mon, seriously....am I at a high risk, by having like 3 seconds worth of PROTECTED sex with a sex worker....I am 99% sure the condom was fine, but I did not investigate....a littel help fellas-ladies...am I screwed??

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Yo Guys...Hollow Man Anyone!! new
      #21745 - 09/01/01 11:10 AM

I can't believe the CDC told you that you were at a VERY high risk. If so, ask to speak to a supervisor immediately!!!

Striker
Unregistered

#21746 - 09/01/01 12:08 PM

I'm shocked and amazed that someone from the CDC would say this. But then again, I talked to one person from an AIDS help line(not the CDC) that insisted that I was at risk because my 99 degree fever was "flu-like" even though I had no other symptons. No, you are at worst low risk and really more like no risk. The sex worker would have had to been HIV positive(which you don't know) and you would have had to have had breaks or tears in the condom for even a possible exposure. Plus your duration was so small, that the probability of coming in contact with infections body fluids would have been minimal. There's been a study done that estimates that 1 in 500 contract HIV in unprotected vaginal sex. You had protected sex, so push that number way up higher. Put all of this together and you get nothing for your exposure. I'm sorry about the bad advice you received, but please don't sweat this. You don't have anything to worry about.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#21758 - 09/01/01 05:14 PM

NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT!!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#21759 - 09/01/01 05:22 PM

People at the CDC are for the most part OK. But remember they are just following scripts, and in this case the person didn't have a clue. You have more chance of winning the lottery than contracting HIV from the situation you described. You are clear!!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#21766 - 09/01/01 07:45 PM

Think about it
I have been telling you people about the CDC and their scare tactics.
why would I lie to you ?
CDC wants you not to even have sex.
3 months is the outer window for testing
Most will test positive within 1 month
CDC is nowing saying 3 months is the window so what does that mean in the real world ?
think about it
do something about it.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#21767 - 09/01/01 07:49 PM

you used a condom ?
then you are fine thats what we are taught to use a condom not to get HIV BUT you can get another STD even if you use the condom.
You in no way are going to have HIV from what you said you did BUT others STDs are easier to get so I wouldnt be having sex w/ a prostitute anymore.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2273

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3