Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
tmicropolis
Unregistered

worried about oral sex
      #2173 - 04/04/00 06:55 PM

I've had all the classic HIV ARS symptoms, mild fever, sore throat, muslce and joint pain.....rash (now on it's 11th week) and most recently muscle tremors (I thought neuropathy happened late in HIV infection). All this after recieving oral sex (I'm a man)? Is this possible, there's so much conflicting info on wether or not you can get HIV from recieving oral sex. Has anyone else had all these symptoms and still been neg? can anyone help me....

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: worried about oral sex new
      #2174 - 04/04/00 06:56 PM

Definately worried well and not dying. I had somewhat the same experiance you are talking about. I went to a strip club in New Orleans and I was asked by a dancer if i wanted to get off. I immediately accepted her invitation because i was very liquired up. I woke up the next day in a complete panic and started scanning the interent to see what i could find and sure enough it said you could get hiv through oral sex. I think i failed to see that it meant giving oral sex and not receiving. The next week I came down with flu like symptoms - fever, diaherea, nausea - you name it. It lasted for 2 days and i convinced myself i had hiv. I read these articles every night and went to every web sight imaginable. I was so scared i thought i was going to break down even though every where i read it said i was at a very low risk of infection. To make a long story short - I tested after 6 months - Home access - and the test came back negative. Dont sweat it - you are fine and stop reading all the jargon on the net. I am willing to bet everything that you are negative. Hope this helps

tmicropolis
Unregistered

#2176 - 04/04/00 06:56 PM

Thanks for sharing your story, it definately makes me feel better to know that I'm not the "only one", I'm sure I'll still have some panic attacks, as I'm one of those people who believes that my circumstances are totaly unique. I really to appreciate the advice and kind words.

tmicropolis
Unregistered

#2177 - 04/04/00 06:57 PM

Did you have any more symptoms after the first 2 days?

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4645

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3