Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Your friend
Unregistered

For those in the window but with a negative result
      #21708 - 08/30/01 09:30 PM

Just to retake the positive feeling in this forum and to help others, how many of you are in the 3 month window period with 4, 6, 8 weeks negative tests?

Im starting this thread to help those friends that ask about it. Just to share experiences. Im planning to retest next 8-sept-2001 (at 3 months) after my (8-june-2001) risk encounter (vaginal unprotected with a sex female worker). My doctor still said it is not necessay but says if I like for my mind health its ok. Here in México the window period is still 3 months using third generation ELISA tests (I use Quest) I confirmed and reconfirmed this with our local health authorities and other HIV associations.

Just post your oppinions.

Lets retake the healing and support feelings of this forum

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
JO1
Unregistered

Re: For those in the window but with a negative result new
      #21711 - 08/30/01 09:54 PM

I tested negative at 6 weeks and I was extremely happy with that untill i started to get joint and muscle aches. I am going to test at 12 weeks on 9-26-01. If I test negative at this stage I will consider myself hiv -. Although I dont think i will ever forget this scare, I would be able to say that once in my life I knew how it felt to be HIV+ because in the paranoid state of mind I have been in, there have been times where I was convinced I had it and I will have that much more respect for people who have this horrible disease and still manage to live happy productive lifes. Life is to valuable, Good Luck on your test.

HollowMan
Unregistered

#21714 - 08/30/01 11:06 PM

Hell I got a non-detected PCR DNA at 4 weeks 4 days and I don't believe it.

All in the same boat...row row row

poohffff I'm Gone ;)
HollowMan

Your Friend
Unregistered

#21719 - 08/31/01 12:42 AM

Sorry but what do you mean with Im gone. Does that means that a PCR DNA test at this time is conclusive. Sorry but I dont know much about this test. The only thing I know it is expensive.

exWorryWart
Unregistered

#21831 - 09/03/01 10:01 PM

Dear Your Friend,

I had an 8-week Orasure Elisa test which came back negative. My exposure was insertive anal penetration with a man of unknown status. I could have possibly been exposed to a 2nd man: I think another guy had screwed my partner earlier and had ejaculated inside him, so I may have been exposed to that 2nd man's cum too.

I didn't get fevers or sore throats or anything but I had a nasty rash all over my body at 6.5 weeks after exposure. Nothing else. It has been over 10 weeks since exposure and I have been completely healthy, so I have fair confidence in my 8 week test. I plan to get tested either at 12 or 14 weeks, just as a formality.

exWorryWart

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1268

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3