Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

trash, stain, blood?
      #217070 - 12/05/06 01:57 PM

Dear all
I suffer from OCD obsessive compulsive disorder. One of my obsessions is the fear of having thrown something into the trash that I shouldn't have. Last night I had an anxiety attack which caused me to compulsively look into a trashcan outdoors in a park. It was dark and so I used a flashlight. There was a brown paper bag in the trashcan and there were two dark stains on it. At one point, I think my flashlight accidentally touched one of these stains on the bag. Then without thinking I handled the flashlight with my hands for a long time and put it in my pocket and then handled it again. I had some open cuts on my hands caused by the cold.

I am afraid those stains could be blood. Under the flashlight they could well be red. The bag was brown so it was hard to tell.

When I got home I used a piece of toilet paper to see if the flashlight was dirty and the flashlight left some little red marks on the paper.

I immediately threw the piece of toilet paper away and washed the flashlight. While I was washing it, I noticed that one of my cuts was bleeding. And It's possible that it was also bleeding while I was looking in the trashcan. But most likely the flashlight wasn't dirty because of my blood.

I am afraid that if that bag was dirty with blood, this may be a risky exposure... I would really appreciate your help.

Also, since I put my flashlight in one pocket in my jacket, do I risk anything (HIV) every time I stick my hand in that pocket? Do I need to wash my jacket?

Lastly I would like to say that I am being treated for my OCD, and am making progress. However, I do not know if this time I am dealing with a contamination obsession or with a real possible infection.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: trash, stain, blood? new
      #217095 - 12/05/06 05:07 PM

Glad to hear you are getting help for your OCD issues. You can chalk this incident up to your OCD. It is not an HIV issue.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#217104 - 12/05/06 06:11 PM

thank you!
but is this a 0-risk even if those stains were really infected blood?

Anonymous
Unregistered

#217105 - 12/05/06 06:21 PM

Look I can't control your OCD for you.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#217126 - 12/05/06 08:00 PM

[quote]Look I can't control your OCD for you. [/quote]
What do you mean?

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3688

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3