Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

HIV UNDETECTED???
      #21616 - 08/29/01 06:08 PM

Had negative antibody testing after 6 month period(no further exposures) strange symptoms with tongue(white crap on tongue and taste buds seem to be larger than normal at back of tongue)Could a person still have hiv in their system but for some reason not coming back with antibodies in their test results? What are the chances of that happening and wouldn't a persons blood work come back abnormal and answers would be helpful. Thanks and GOD Bless all.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
HollowMan
Unregistered

Re: HIV UNDETECTED??? new
      #21617 - 08/29/01 06:19 PM

You don't have HIV PERIOD. A white tongue means ZERO. Everyone gets a white tongue, some more than others for different reasons NON OF WHICH HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH HIV. This does not mean you don't have a right to worry, we're all in the same boat, I'm just trying to be honest with you. If you got a test at 6 months and were neg, all the experts and scientists say you don;t have HIV. the only other thing you could do to beleive this (for your mind only) is to get a PCR DNA or RNA test, but this would be for mental health purposes as that too will be NEGATIVE...no MD would recommend that.

You're okay friend.

Poohff I'm Gone ;)
HollowMan

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: HIV UNDETECTED??? new
      #21621 - 08/29/01 07:20 PM

Hollow man is right, and it sounds like you have NON-HIV-related thrush. Go see your doctor about it, it goes away with some help.

I should know - I've had it, due to nothing but stress and antibiotics.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2422

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3